- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Manufacturing Manager - Ambient Food Manufacturer
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 pa (full details on application approval)
Location - Cardiff Area, South Wales
Shift Based Role 9pm / 5pm starts, 12 hours
My client is a main stream food manufacturer supplying a number of own label and branded products to major UK retailers and food service accounts. In recently restructuring they are recruiting for a Manufacturing Manager with proven improvements / achievements in delivering optimal production performance through the steady and continued implementation of lean manufacturing techniques.
In managing your shift, your focus is on the daily plant efficiency and KPI delivery. Taking full people and Operational responsibility you will be experienced in decision making on the go, and also be capable of planning workloads and effective people deployment.
With an eye for improvements you will seek areas that can be improved and add value to the business cost base, efficiency and people retention figures. The focus is to keep the plant running profitably, and not at the expense of people, service level or product quality.
- People and performance on shift excellence
- Set the best employee example yourself
- Guide and lead and control your shift, dealing with faults
- Delivery of a balanced scorecard
- To maintain a shift 'state of readiness' (audits, re-planning, visits... ...)
- Deliver Continuous Improvements
- Shift Escalation management (costs, materials, quality, performance, management)
- Peer Manufacturing Manager Holiday Cover
- HSE / COSHH / GMP
- Provide Management Leadership
- Organise, motivate, communicate, set objectives, review team performance
- Employee empowerment and engagement
- work with Engineering Technical Quality teams to maintain factory excellence
- Building and developing high performance teams, competency reviews
- review of working practices, shift planning, hours and shift patterns
- disciplinaries, reviews, training & development, Talent Reviews
- Next level of management development
- Trade Union Communication and relationship management
- PDP's & PDR's for all teams and managers
- Personal safety, food safety, quality, hygiene, environment and security compliance
- Product quality & quality strategy management
- Delivery of shift output & efficiency targets
- KPI performance and delivery within target. Including safety, quality, service, cost, people and projects
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement
- Performance reporting, action planning & improvements
Within this factory and role you will be the main on shift performance, delivery and improvement manager, responsible for the entire plant and smooth profitable running for the operation whilst on shift. It is key that you have a significant experience in management within high speed high volume high complexity food manufacturing.
If you have not managed a shift in a food factory for a minimum of 5 years - please do not apply. I am specifically looking for highly experienced people and manufacturing managers. This is a premium business, and my focus is on how you get your achievements. I want to speak with people who can actually take a factory forward, lead by example based on experience.
If this sounds like the kind of role that you are looking for, please contact me directly or make an application here.
My Job Help Ltd Is A Recruitment Business.
ONLY FOOD (MAYBE DRINKS) MANUFACTURING PROFESSIONALS ARE OF INTEREST
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £33,000.00 to £37,000.00 /year
- Food Manufacturing Management: 5 years (Required)
- Continuous Improvement: 5 years (Required)
- Food Industry Production / Operations / Shift Management: 7 years (Required)
- Factory Improvements: 5 years (Preferred)
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Not offered