- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Manufacturing Shift Manager
- Manufacturing FMCG
- exceptional opportunity to work as part of the Lead Team!
- the shifts are: 2 days 7am
- 7pm + 2 nights 7pm
- 7am (4 on 4 off)
- please only read and apply for this opportunity if you can work these hours.
My client an innovative Manufacturer in Flint is looking to recruit a Shift Manager to be accountable for all elements of shift performance including Team Leaders and allocate line
- people, safety, performance, quality, cost and customer service.
You will be responsible for the strategy of the shift and looking at the wider business objective influencing the Site Leadership Team in the pursuit of excellence.
You must be a flexible leader and be able to demonstrate all of the company values
- Excellence, Respect, Creativity and Responsibility.
Key Attributes for this role are:
- Able to work autonomously
- Able to work as part of the Site Leadership and Shift Leadership teams and be an effective team member
- Has strength of character to challenge poor team behaviours and non-adherence to standards / policies in area
- An ambassador for Manufacturing Excellence and continuous improvement
- Ability to adapt to changing situations in a positive and flexible manner
- Good oral and written communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive, creative, structured approach to problem solving
- Reliable, honest, energetic, enthusiastic, diplomatic and respectful
Your role responsibilities:
- As part of the Site Leadership Team, lead and motivate through communication, training, development and performance management
- Confirm and prioritise resource with the appropriate delegation to create and maintain a high performing production team
- Develop and support Team Leaders through continual coaching, mentoring, observation and review, to create a Shift Leadership Team which is responsive, agile, efficient and capable, at all times, to include in the absence of the Shift Operational Lead
- Overall responsibility for the development of all operators through continual coaching, mentoring, observation and review, identify the training and development needs of individuals to ensure team is responsive, agile, efficient and capable
- Identify potential of colleagues and ensure development and succession plans are in place and maintained
- Drive the CI strategy through development and support of the team through identification and development of CI Projects
- Manage attendance of their teams in accordance with the Attendance Management policy
- Identify, challenge and address any conduct which falls below our expected standards and / or does not meet our values up to and including action in line with the disciplinary policy
- Build professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure co-operation and assistance in completion of work requirements, including but not restricted to Mixing, Quality, Maintenance, H&S and HR
- Ensure personal / sensitive data is processed in accordance with GDPR
- Promote the management of safety, delivering no lost time accidents, reducing the number of minor accidents and reporting of all incidents through a safety culture
- Accountable for ensuring all members of their team, including themselves perform tasks, and operate / use equipment/machinery only to the level of their training and competence in a safe manner
- 100% Completion of scheduled Safety observations, Shift GMP and safety start up audits.
- Full adherence of Health and Safety Procedures & Practices.
Identify and report any conduct that breaches Health & Safety or does not fall within our company values, including all incidents and near misses
- Conduct safety investigations in a timely manner following H&S incident
- Responsible for ensuring the safety and welfare of all employees in an emergency evacuation situation
Delivery / Performance
- Lead the Daily Operational review meetings, Shift Team meetings and briefs
- Active participation of SIC, ensuring performance paperwork is accurately completed throughout the shift in order to complete reports for continual improvements
- Attend the weekly planning meeting, working with planners to minimise change over frequency and optimise plans
- Review shift plans
- determining, communicating and actioning plan changes to reduce over and under.
Ensure that the relevant operators are made aware of any plan changes, potential material, specification, quality and changeover issues
- Conduct detailed end of shift handover with in coming Shift Operational Lead
- Accountable for all aspects of quality across the shift
- Carry out process confirmation control checks in-line with Leader standard work
- Through process confirmation, ensure operators are adhering to product specification and correctly completing all production documentation
- Responsible for ensuring all line clearance and changeover activity is conducted to the correct standard and approval for line start up
- Ensuring a clean as you go policy is adhered to and team PPE is correctly worn at all times
- Develop a culture which is cost aware, encouraging team members to challenge losses across the shift
- Delivery and compliance with shift based budgets.
- Accountable for ensuring all line changeovers and sanitisations are completed on time to the correct standard to minimise downtime
- Prioritise maintenance activity to minimise equipment downtime and optimise delivery
Develop professional relationships with internal and external customers to drive delivery and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate self-awareness, through reflection and drive own personal development plan
- Commit to grow own capability and experience for the benefit of self, team and company
- Be receptive to new approaches and ideas
- Take responsibility for own actions
- Accept feedback and be willing to learn from mistakes
Please apply today if interested!
- customer service