- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Market Data Vendor Manager - 90225046
Posting Range:14 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Market Data Vendor Manager
Barclays have an exciting opportunity to hire a Market Data Vendor Manager in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively managing a specified group of vendors and/or exchanges on behalf of Market Data Management ensuring that Barclays obtain the most cost effective market data services to meet business requirements. Other duties are to ensure that all aforementioned vendors and associated contracts and services are managed within the Firm and department Risk Framework
What will you be doing?
• Manage commercial negotiations with relevant Market Data vendors and Exchanges, liaise with legal to ensure favourable commercial terms which meet business requirements and yet mitigate business risk.
• Ensuring that Barclays leverages its global purchasing power with the vendors and undertaking proactive management of the global contracts on behalf of all relevant entities
• Ensuring that all the terms of all global deals are communicated to the relevant entities who are entitled to participate in them, and managing the compliance of Barclays to any vendor terms and conditions
• Chairing regular meetings with the vendors, facilitating the involvement of the Market Data Business Analysts (BA’s) and business with key vendor representatives
What we’re looking for:
• Major market data vendor knowledge.
• Strong administration and market data product knowledge.
• Market data Investment Banking knowledge.
• Good understanding of market data inventory systems, processes and procedures preferably MDM.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Higher economic, business or finance education degree preferred.
Where will you be working?
London Canary Wharf. Barclays main UK Headquarter location is very close to bars, restaurants and has great transport links.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.