- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job title MarketingCommunications Manager
Responsible to Head of Marketing
Hours 40 hours per week
The role of Marketing Communications Manager requires an outstanding communicator with a strong ability to motivate and influence others in a fast moving and entrepreneurial working environment.
Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, this is a pivotal role in the marketing team and the wider business, which offers a unique opportunity to have a significant impact on every aspect of Brompton’s communications from strategy through to execution.
To meet our growth ambitions, we need to build awareness, engagement and trial amongst a broad range of prospective customers. This role will need to reach and engage people globally by creating outstanding integrated campaigns that drive acquisition through to loyalty and referral programmes. You will produce compelling content, establish relevant partnerships and foster the advocacy of our passionate Brompton community – both online and offline.
Over the next 24 months the launch of Brompton Electric across international markets is the company’s #1 priority, and this role will support successful launches across our priority markets and build communication plans to unlock the long term potential of what we will believe will transform both Brompton’s business and our ability to change the way people live in cities.
Beyond Electric, our long term R&D investment means we have a continuous and strong innovation pipeline, therefore delivering bold and impactful product launches will be increasingly important.
We are looking for someone who is full of passion for what we are trying to achieve, who fills a room with positive energy and who is willing to think and act differently to achieve results. Reflecting our entrepreneurial culture and unique product, our communications will look to combine best practice with a desire to be innovative and not be afraid of trying new and exciting methods.
This is a high-profile role in a dynamic business with a meaningful purpose – there’s never been a more exciting time to join Brompton.
The person in this role will be able to motivate their team to perform to the highest standard and providing recognition for the work carried out and providing areas of improvement. The successful person will mentor and support those who may need assistance and encourage them where necessary for them to achieve their objectives. They must remain confident when dealing with challenging situations and devise imaginative solutions to achieve the agreed goal.
The successful person will be able to create a positive and innovative atmosphere which encourages members of the team to commit themselves to the project at hand and go above and beyond to give their best performance. The person will be an advocate of continuous improvement and always seek practical and cost-effective solutions where possible while always remaining alert in changing situations and show flexibility in their approach when striving to achieve results.
The person occupying this role will enjoy working as a team with others and will continuously influence and motivate others and gain willing acceptance. They will have a natural strength in building relationships as they will need to connect with people in every corner of our global business as well as an external network of agency partners, media and industry contacts. The ideal candidate will enjoy various challenging situations and the ability to work in broad parameters of the organisation. They will be positive, participative, self-starting, mobile and self-disciplined.
- Develop annual communications plan with engagement from key stakeholders.
- Lead our communications planning for new product releases, marketing campaigns and brand storytelling.
- Work with external creative, media and PR agencies to deliver impactful campaigns in line with commercial objectives and our communications calendar.
- Work with the in-house creative team to create and distribute valuable content to attract, acquire and engage relevant audiences.
- Own the brand communications calendar for owned channels (email, website and social)
- Set and report against campaign KPIs.
- Use your network and knowledge of the industry to identify stories worth telling.
- Build strong relationships with our CEO, directors and senior media contacts to identify opportunities and grow media coverage.
- Work collaboratively with our international PR agencies and local marketing execs to proactively pitch stories with local media.
- Craft interesting content which engages with the media narrative.
- Build relationships with cycling, health and mobility advocacy groups.
- Support the Social and Communications Exec to facilitate press office enquiries via the PR agencies.
- Set and report against PR KPIs.
- Develop and lead the global social media strategy.
- Support the Communications Exec to implement the social media plan on a day to day basis.
- Support the Communications Exec to engage with local social media owners (direct or distributor) to implement the strategy and guide the creation of local content.
- Identify influencers and advocates and build engagement with these groups.
- Set and report against Social Media KPIs
People & Agency management
- Management of one direct report; Social & Communications Exec.
- External network and partnership development:
- Support the Head of Marketing in building our network of international agencies, collaboration partners and influential brand advocates (including press, policy makers, and high profile customers)
- Lead relationships with international PR agencies
Budget management & reporting
- Build annual Communications budget with rationale
- Management of budget to plan
- Monthly reporting of spend vs budget
- Monthly campaign and website KPI reporting
- Annual review of activity and performance to feed into annual planning and budget process.
Personal attributes and skills:
- Outstanding and passionate communicator
- Significant ability to influence and persuade others
- Creative with an eye for impactful content
- On the pulse with news, trends and opportunities
- Digital marketing competence
- Project management proficiency and ability to set standards for a cross-functional team to follow
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast-moving and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work across cultures essential
- High energy
- Minimum 5-6 years' working in a Marketing or Communications role, agency and / or client-side experience will be considered
- Graduate with strong academic performance desired
- Strong copywriting skills
- Managed digital and brand campaigns
- International market experience preferred
- Enjoys cycling or passionate about cycling as a transport solution
- Experience working for an urban mobility brand or a premium, market leading brand a benefit
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and co-operate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment, Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and the product, despite any differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Large discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too).
- A choice of working hours, including a 9-day fortnight (i.e. every other Friday off).
- 20 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, rising the longer you stay with us.
- Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme and other similar benefits.
- Birthday Breakfast, Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, Annual Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching.
How to Apply
If you feel that you fit within the Brompton team spirit and you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please email your CV and covering letter to the People team. In the subject, please specify the role you are applying for. You are encouraged to submit when ready and not wait until the deadline. Full Job Description can be found on our careers website:
You should be advised that any applications submitted without a covering letter and CV will not be considered for the role.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- communications: 5 years (Required)
- Marketing: 5 years (Required)