- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Marketing Executive and Copy writer
3 days a week
Salary - 22.5 hours Pro rata £23, 322, 00
One year fixed term contract
Based in Wyke- Bradford
Closing date - 5pm on the 26th July 2019
Apply by submitting your Cv and personal statement
Line Manager: Directors
Motive8 is a vocational training college that works to offer young people aged 14-19 an alternative educational option. Motive8 is a small supportive college where one size doesn’t fit all, and we try to offer a holistic package of support. Working with the learner at their starting point we establish a programme of learning that supports and challenges them to reach their potential and creates opportunities for them to progress into their chosen future destination.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and innovative individual to help us extend our reach and assist us drive the forward our ethos and vision.
The successful applicant will be responsible for producing key promotional materials both online and in print. The individual will be integral to the promotion of Motive8 through social media and other online platforms. This will require the successful candidate to manage updates to the website with new and exciting content featured. As part of the role we would expect the successful candidate to fully engage in Motive8 college life to be able to effectively and proactively market the ethos and aims of the organisation.
Delivering against Motive8's strategic marketing plan
- Engaging with stakeholders such as schools, colleges and employers to create new opportunities for the Directors to promote the centre and its young people.
- Working with the Directors to develop and support the delivery of internal and external events.
- Identifying and acting upon new opportunities to raise the profile of the centre within the local community
- Reporting on the outcomes of marketing initiatives against our KPIs for the Board of Directors.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
Marketing collateral and publicity material
- Writing and producing marketing material ( Brochures, flyers etc)
- Proof read and edit all branded publications for the charity
- Create a programme of events that can be used to update social media and also promote centre based activities.
- Sourcing student and alumni testimonials to be used on website and for other purposes.
To develop, collate and edit content (and edit copy written by others) for the charity’s website, newsletters, press releases and advertisements as required
- Work with the Directors of Motive8 to ensure that the charity’s vision, ethos and brand is consistent, appropriate and effective.
- Develop a set of key messages that promote, maintain and encourage consistency of brand message and identity, across all internal communications and educational/charity partnerships.
- Design a way of communicating the key messages to different stake holders- i.e. Learners, Parents, Funders, potential partners.
- Undertake an audit of Motive8, key competitors, stakeholders, supporters to create a document to support organisational development.
- Creating content, including text posts, video and images for use on social media, updating the charity's social media accounts
- Updating information about the charity on external websites and directories.
- Creating fresh and up-to- date web content.
- Providing ideas and input into the development of marketing materials
- Proactively making contact with local schools to inform individuals/learners about the offer at Motive8- This could encompass attending school assembles and other school social events.
- Maintaining a photo library and arranging external photo shoots that show the wider impact of the charity- for example capturing the students at work placement and other enrichment events.
- Coordinating the charity’s attendance at events that are representative of young people or other key stake holders.
- Liaise with the local newspaper and radio station, providing news about the charity
- Keep the local community updated about the charity’s activities, and benefit to the community, including the local councillors and MP
Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, suitable for the role.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience, working within the Business and marketing sector.
- Must undertake an enhanced DBS ( Disclosure and Barring service)
- An understanding of digital marketing communication channels and techniques.
- PC literate with experience of using Microsoft office including Word and Excel.
- Excellent copywriting and copy-editing skills. Must be able to spell.
- Experience of website management, including use of content management systems
- Experience of managing social media and email campaigns.
- Effective time management and an ability to meet tight deadlines.
- A creative approach and an ability to work on own initiative.
- A team player with a professional and positive attitude.
- Confidence, with strong communication and interpersonal skills, be able to communicate effectively with both young people and older people.
- Experience of collating and analysing data
- An understanding of database management for marketing purposes.
- Experience of using design packages such as InDesign, Publisher, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience of working within the public sector or within an educational or voluntary setting.