- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Title: Materials Controller
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a well-established manufacturer and renowned experts in precision machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics.
They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications with solutions including fluidic manifolds and optical components.
This position is key part of the smooth running of the production department.
The prime responsibility will be to ensure efficient movement and control of raw materials, Work In Progress (WIP) and finished goods through the production processes.
The role is a mix of hands on moving materials on the shop floor and IT work in reviewing and updating the Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) system.
There is an opportunity for progression in time to a more senior role for the right candidate.
You will act as the right hand to the Production Manager.
IT training on the MRP system will be provided.
Previous materials control experience would be beneficial, however not mandatory for this role as full training will be provided.
The position could be suitable for someone with significant and varied hands on production experience with some sound IT skills, alternatively for a recently academically qualitied person keen to work in a manufacturing environment with strong IT skills and some production environment experience.
- Using the MRP system to check the status of jobs, update changes, book in materials and create despatch documentation
- Understand the production schedule and the progress of parts on the shop floor, which machines there are on, and how far through the process the operators are
- Awareness of any quality issues that could impact production timing
- Moving work complete from certain operations on to the next operation or to a WIP location
- Managing the stock levels of raw materials and finished goods
- Pro-actively managing bottlenecks in the system
- Close communication with the Production Manager and Planners on the status of all work orders and changing priorities
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Sound IT skills
- Some production environment experience, ideally of varied operations (e.g.
machining, assembly, finishing, inspection and packing)
- Proactive approach to solving problems
- Proficient Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Close attention and a good eye for detail
- Confidence in decision making
- Methodical approach
Nice to have Experience:
- Materials controlling
- MPR system operation
- Hands on production experience in various disciplines
- Machining experience
- Supervisory experience
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Supply Chain Planner, Stock Controller, Inventory Controller, Inventory Executive, Materials Stock Controller, Material Planner, Stock Operations, Inventory Assistant, Manufacturing Operative, Production Operations, Project Coordinator, Materials Handler, Warehouse Operative, Goods Inwards, Process Operative, Goods Outwards, Stock Controller, Supply Chain Assistant, Expediting Assistant, Perpetual Inventory Executive may also be considered for this role.