- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Allied Vehicles is the UK market leader in the manufacture and supply of wheelchair accessible transport solutions. Allied also operates Scotland’s largest independent Bodyshop and offers a range of garage services to insurance, commercial and private customers alike. The company has a nationwide reputation for ensuring quality, value and customer satisfaction and key to this success is its dedicated and committed workforce.
Due to business growth, we are now recruiting for Materials Handlers to join our Pre-Production department. You will undertake accurate movement and tracking of parts and materials through the pre-production process. This will include unloading, checking and allocation of parts at goods receiving, picking of kits and issuing of parts to work orders.
The main duties of this role are;
- Check parts received/delivered and prepare appropriate documentation for parts to be received on the system
- Locate parts accurately and safely in their designated bin location
- Pick build kits in line with pre-production build plans and deliver kits to operator/work area
- Charge out parts accurately for in-house customer
- Investigate any stock discrepancies to supervisor
- Replenish pre-production consumables cupboards and floor stock
- Participate in stock counts
To be effective in this role, you will have previous experience of working in a stores/warehouse environment. A COUNTERBALANCE FORKLIFT LICENCE is essential for this role. Knowledge of the automotive industry and use of ERP systems would be desirable.
Hours of work are Mon – Weds 7am – 6pm & Thu 7am – 5.30pm and the salary is £8.59ph, with a potential to earn more by working your way through a grading structure.
This position offers a superb opportunity to join a progressive and committed company. In return, we offer:
- 16 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Aftersales discounts for you, your friends and your family
- Group life scheme and group pension scheme
- Staff car lease scheme
- Industry leading benefits portal
- Free staff car park and subsidised on site cafeteria
- Frequent learning and development opportunities
- Thriving corporate social responsibility and social calendar
- Team building events and staff parties
- Company values and long-service awards
- Annual salary reviews
If you meet our criteria and would like to be part of a friendly and pleasant working environment in the North of Glasgow, a career with the Allied Vehicles Group is the perfect way to fuel that ambition. Please forward your CV stating why you would be suited to the role via the APPLY NOW button.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themselves to be disabled and who meets the requirements for the post.
Please note: due to a high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to respond to every applicant individually, therefore only successful candidates will be contacted.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE***