- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Allied Vehicles is the UK market leader in the manufacture and supply of wheelchair accessible transport solutions. Allied also operates Scotland’s largest independent Bodyshop and offers a range of garage services to insurance, commercial and private customers alike. The company has a nationwide reputation for ensuring quality, value and customer satisfaction and key to this success is its dedicated and committed workforce.
We are now recruiting for additional Materials Handlers to join our Production – Materials department. You will undertake the accurate movement and tracking of parts and materials through the stores function.
The main duties of the role are;
- Checking parts received/delivered and prepare appropriate documentation for parts to be received on the system
- Locate parts accurately and safely in their designated bin location
- Picking build kits in line with production build plans and deliver kits to operator/work area
- Charging out parts accurately, for in-house customer
- Ordering parts from identified sources as necessary
- Investigate and report any stock discrepancies to supervisor
- Participate in stock counts when requested
- Stock and charge parts out of stock and book parts in
The successful candidate will have stores/warehouse experience and must hold a FORKLIFT LICENCE. Experience of working in an automotive/manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
Hours of work are Monday – Wednesday 7am – 6pm and Thursday 7am – 5.30pm. The hourly rate starts at £8.32 per hour, with a potential to earn more by working your way through a grading structure. In return we offer, 24 days holiday (including bank hols), group pension scheme, group life, car lease scheme, aftersales discounts and industry leading benefits portal.
If you meet our criteria and would like to be part of our friendly and pleasant working environment in the North of Glasgow, please forward your CV via the APPLY NOW button.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themselves to be disabled and who meets the requirements for the post.
****NO AGENCIES PLEASE***