- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £30,000.00 - £35,000.00 gross per year
- TYNE AND WEAR TYNE AND WEAR
We are proudly representing our client based in South Tyneside for their search for a Materials Manager. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit a permanent member to the team.
- Purchase all goods and services for the company, working within budgets and ensuring best terms are achieved.
- Work with the estimating/tendering team to provide timely, competitive prices for tendering opportunities.
- Requisition all materials and plant hire on site projects, oversee the deliveries and ensure they are done so in adequate time in line with the construction programme and procurement schedule.
- Co-ordinate with multiple projects working closely with project teams to deliver materials or off hire equipment in a timely manner.
- Maintain close relations with the Site Managers regarding cost control, waste management and variations to orders.
- Source, research and vet potential new suppliers.
- Negotiate purchase prices, quality, payment terms and conditions.
- Track / expedite purchase orders as required and ensure timely delivery.
- Maintain / update records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
- Prepare management information and reports on purchasing, including cost analysis.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of own activity related to projects and work closely with finance for performance information and cash flow.
- Regularly review and improve supplier performance, and the quality of purchased goods and services.
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company’s Site Waste Minimisation & Management Policy.
- This is not an exhaustive list and other duties will be required from time to time.
- Monitor stock levels and re-order as required.
- Rotate stock (FIFO) to minimise waste.
- Ensure the safe storage of materials and equipment.
- Record goods in and out, manually and/or electronically, as required.
- Issue materials for site.
- Maintain register of company equipment/list of assets.
- Perform PAT testing of all relevant company equipment, as required.
- Assist with the organisation of vehicle maintenance.
- Complete and record safety checks on equipment being issued in and out of stores.
- Make deliveries to sites and collect from suppliers as required.
- Offload deliveries made to the yard.
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm
- £30,000 per annum to be reviewed.
- Annual leave entitlement: 25 days plus bank holidays
- ms project