- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £12,350.00 - £16,720.00 gross per year
Maths Graduate - Paid school-based experience to support future Teacher Training applications!
Have you recently completed a Maths degree and are now exploring what to do next?
Were you inspired by your Maths Teachers at school and now want to inspire the next generation of Scientists?
Here at Edustaff, we specialise in launching the careers of educational professionals.
We are working alongside a progressive Secondary School in Sudbury to appoint a confident, enthusiastic and inspirational Maths Graduate to join the school's Maths department for the next academic year in the first instance.
***Maths Graduate required to work at a supportive Secondary School in Sudbury
***Maths Teaching Assistant/Maths Intervention Tutor/Maths Instructor/Maths Academic Mentor
***Starting straight away and running until the end of the academic year initially
***One full year of paid experience within a Maths department
***Perfect platform to apply for Maths teacher training in the future
***£65-£88 per day (dependant on role)
The successful applicant will be tasked with tutoring and mentoring small groups of students within the school's Maths department; helping to increase confidence and attainment levels. With support and guidance from the qualified Maths teachers within the department and once you feel confident enough to do so, you will get the opportunity to team-teach and potentially plan an lead your own classes as a Maths Instructor.
When not running intervention sessions or leading classes, you will be tasked with supporting the department as a Maths Teaching Assistant, getting the opportunity to observe how qualified teachers plan and deliver lessons. You will also get an insight into marking and assessment.
There will be opportunities for the successful Maths Graduate to transition on to teacher training within the school from September 2020 so aspiring Maths Teachers should certainly apply for this role!
Maths Graduate - Job Specification
- You will need to have obtained a 2:1 or first-class honours degree grade within a Maths based degree subject. Accounting, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Engineering and Physics graduates can all be considered for this role.
- GCSEs of C or above within English, Maths and Maths will also be required.
- Previous experience working alongside the 11-16 age range would be preferable although applicants who do not have experience but have a passion for Maths and are able to demonstrate their suitability to inspire others will still be considered.
- You must be considering a career as a Maths Teacher and be looking for school experience prior to applying for teacher training
Starting with immediate effect and commencing until the end of the academic year in July, this Maths Teaching Assistant role is the perfect way to prepare you for an exciting career as a Maths Teacher by allowing you to earn hands-on experience in a modern and exciting secondary School in Sudbury.
Click Apply Now to submit your application and start the process. For further information about the role or about Edustaff and the support we offer to graduates considering a career within teaching, please call the East Anglia office and ask for Matt Burgum.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful Maths Graduates will be contacted for this Maths Graduate Academic Mentor role in Sudbury