- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
37 hours per week, term time plus 10 days
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a hardworking, organised and motivated Administrative Officer to join our high performing trust, supporting the work of the Yorkshire and Humber Maths Hub. This would be suitable for somebody with either administrative or events experience with a desire to progress.
The Maths Hub programme brings together all mathematics education professionals in a national network of hubs. Each hub is locally led by an outstanding school or college, working in partnership with neighbouring schools, colleges, universities, CPD providers, maths experts and employers.
All the hubs collaborate as a national group, pooling experiences, expertise and ideas as a network.
They meet once a term at the National Maths Hubs Forum. The Maths Hubs are a new way of harnessing the maths expertise within an area, and to spread excellent practice for the benefit of all pupils and students. Visit: https://mathshub.outwood.com/ for more information.
The Outwood Institute of Education is a network providing professional development for school staff. It strives to ensure the best outcomes for children in all schools by working together to share outstanding practice and give staff access to world class professional development. We believe that every child is entitled to a world class education.
This role will provide co-ordination and administrative support for the Yorkshire and Humber Maths Hub team, projects and work closely with the hub’s senior leadership team to ensure effective delivery of the hub’s key performance indicators. The role will also provide administrative support to the wider Outwood Institute of Education activity as needed. The role is based at the conference centre at Outwood Academy Adwick, Doncaster but time will also be spent working on other school sites in Yorkshire and Humber as required.
This role is to coordinate the work of the Maths Hub, including:
- Providing administrative support for the Senior Lead, Maths Hub Lead, Assistant Maths Hub Lead(s) and Level 3 Lead;
- Advertising, recruiting and maintaining bookings and membership of events and workgroups;
- Liaising with Work Group leads and provide support for work groups;
- Appropriately processing financial transactions (POs / invoices / time sheets) to support the senior MH lead in maintaining an accurate budget;
- Providing update reports to the Maths Hub Senior Leadership Team, for example booking updates, event feedback;
- Producing regular reports for NCETM as required, including MHPod;
- Providing administrative support for the appointment of personnel to roles within the Maths Hub;
- Supporting conferences when required;
- Supporting the Senior Administrator in the arranging of Leadership/Strategic Board Meetings;
- Maintaining Maths Hub/NCETM website;
- Maintaining Hub database system;
- Maintaining up to date reach data - daily;
- Event management;
- Management of the Yorkshire and Humber Maths Hub calendar;
- Resource preparation;
- Communicating with a wide range of stakeholders both in verbal and written form;
- Providing administration support for the Yorkshire and Humber Maths Hub, and for other projects and events as required;
- Travel to schools / academies to carry out the above duties, as required by the MathsHub Lead.
You will need to be motivated, have excellent organisation and communication skills and be able to prioritise workload and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will need to have the confidence to take initiative and work independently, be able to manage people well to deliver the shared vision of the YHMathsHub.
Normal working hours are 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday to Thursday and 8:00am – 3:30pm on a Friday. You will, however, be required to work occasional evenings and Saturdays with prior notice and discussion of availability.
The successful candidate will be based at the Outwood Institute of Education, Tenter Balk Lane, Adwick, Doncaster, DN6 7EQ with travel to other schools as required.
To apply, please visit: www.outwood.com Careers.
Closing date: Midday on 3 January 2020.
Interview date: 16 January 2020.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.