- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £38,000.00 - £40,000.00 gross per year
White Label have partnered with a leading engineering company in Halifax who are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer due to company growth and increased project work.
Are you interested in working for a company where you can really make a difference? Are you looking to advance your mechanical engineering skillset further? Our client will offer you the opportunity to get involved in special purpose machinery design from cradle to grave.
* Concept, design and development of new machines and products
* Review current workload with a view to improving planning, prioritising and delegating work.
* Place emphasis on cost of the design and cost down on established products.
* Work closely & manage the small existing design team to fully understand the customers' needs and performance requirements.
* Design with cost in mind using cost effective decisions.
* Hands on production & R&D machine build
* Create and maintain machine technical files
* Working on existing designs, overcome mechanical problems, providing evidence, 3D models and fully details drawings (Solidworks CAD).
* Vault experience required
* Be able to work with the team but also individually on new projects from concept to production ensuring designs are robustly engineered.
* Liaising with a multi-disciplined team during development and also with suppliers to ensure correct materials and parts are sourced.
* Knowledge of BOM configurations (Sage system).
* Presenting designs throughout the project and holding design reviews to peers.
* Completing ECN work on existing designs.
* Be able to identify ISO standards which have a direct impact on the design.
* Knowledge of machining methods and sheet metal designs.
* Have some experience in industrial design to ensure the company produces aesthetically pleasing solutions to design briefs.
* Educated to Degree level in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Minimum 3 years engineering design experience
* 3 years 3D CAD and PDM experience (ideally Solidworks), also have experience in AutoCAD
* Experience in general machine design and build.
* Hands on build experience.
* Experience working with gears, drives and motors.
Our client is offering a salary of £38,000-£40,000.
* 37.5 hours per week.
* Lunch time finish on Fridays
Please apply for immediate consideration
- ms project