- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Our client is a leading global manufacturer and supplier in the consumer electronics, computing, communications, industrial, and automotive markets.
The post holder will be developed to become the system owner for all HVAC Systems on site and will be expected to be involved in all aspects of the sites day to day activities, including, but not limited to; plant/system analysis, design review, problem solving, specification/procedure preparation and project management
Desirable Skills & Experience
- At least a working knowledge of most of the following systems; ventilation and air conditioning, extract/local exhaust ventilation systems and cleanroom control.
- Further knowledge/experience of refrigeration; steam / hot water generation and distribution; pumped water systems would also be an advantage.
- A basic understanding of Building Management Systems.
- General awareness of standards & best practices with respect to mechanical building services.
- Ability to understand and digest engineering drawings, design specifications and technical literature.
- Computer literate and conversant with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across a variety of levels and disciplines.
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of developing tasks from initial request to a satisfactory conclusion, sustaining a high level of industry throughout.
- Ability to identify priorities and orchestrate multiple activities.
- Knowledge of energy monitoring and targeting techniques, and an interest in identifying/ developing energy saving opportunities on typical building services plant and equipment would be a distinct advantage.
- Ideally you will have a degree in Building Services, Mechanical Engineering or Energy Engineering. However, applicants with an HNC HND and demonstrable experience or recent university graduates will also be considered.
- You will receive day-to-day guidance / development from the Facilities Engineering Manager as required.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
- ms project