- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Our mission is to make Britain a safer place. If you want to work for an ‘Award Winning Company’ that leaves nothing to chance, it’s a no brainer, British Engineering Services is the place for you!
For over 150 years, our highly skilled Engineering Consultants have offered services which can support the design, building, testing and commissioning of plant to be installed and/or refurbished in order to keep the UK industry, businesses and public safe. The services we provide are designed to reduce machinery downtime, extend plant life, improve operating efficiency and very importantly create a safer working environment.
We are proud to have evolved into the successful company we are today, everything we do has been tried and tested. Year on year we invest in our people, systems and infrastructure and will continue to do so for generations to come.
To be considered for this role you will live in London or within a 1 hour commute via public transport to Central London, this helps us to be able to plan your work efficiently, so that you are out there and doing what you do best.
What will I be doing?
In its simplest and most explicit form, industrial safety can be a matter of life or death. As a Mechanical Engineer Surveyor in the Technical Consultancy team for British Engineering Services, you will be helping to make Britain a safer place for industry, businesses and for people whenever and wherever, this role will have a specific focus on Lifts and Lifting Equipment including Building Maintenance Units (BMU's) and passenger lifts . You will also be providing technical solutions to external and internal customer, utilising your specialist machinery expertise to achieve business results in a fee for service environment.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Managing allocated contracts including, variations and payments to satisfactory completion and within budget
- Analysing technical and quality information and, provide appropriate input to consultancy solutions
- You will be responsible for the management and delivery of specific projects
- Carrying out detailed reporting, with no compromise, ever
- Ensuring all customers are compliant with vital regulations that help to govern their industry in the UK (including LOLER and PUWER)
- Supporting our Engineer Surveyors undertaking consultancy services
- Always providing an exceptional level of customer service, whilst representing our brilliant company professionally What makes British Engineering Services a great place to work?
We are independent for a reason, we do what we do better than anyone else and we do it our own way. Take our drive and ambition along with years of REAL industry experience and we have honed and perfected the well-oiled machine that is British Engineering Services.
If you work for us, you will get the below and, so much more:
- Our standard starting salary for this position is £50,000*
- £5,000 car cash allowance and paid travel time
- 16+ week bespoke, industry leading training programme
- The opportunity to cross skill and development opportunities
- Discretionary annual company bonus and yearly salary review
- Laptop (surface go) and mobile phone provided
- Access to our excellent company benefits portal including; retail, fitness and cinema discounts
- The support of a superb employee assistance programme
- Opportunity for flexible working hours, we want you to have that work life balance. *Salaries are dependent on location and experience.
What experience do I need?
Our team consists of the best, highly skilled and qualified Engineering Consultants and we want our new recruits to have the same attitude, aptitude and appetite for what we do.
You will need:
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer (or working towards) or a minimum of an Incorporated Engineer (or equivalent) and a good level of practical experience with mechanical, lifts & lifting equipment
- Alternatively, a Level 4 engineering qualification and a substantive level of practical experience, with a willingness to work towards becoming Incorporated / Chartered
- The ability to communicate complex and technical problems with ease
- Extensive experience working with a range of lifting equipment, in particular BMU's and passenger lifts
- A good level of IT and literacy skills in order to complete detailed customer reports.
- customer service