- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
My client has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Mechanical Estimator to join an established pre-construction team. Working for one of the UKs largest FM providers, this role will provide crucial support to the building engineering services business.
The main purpose of this role for the Mechanical Estimator is to produce robust and accurate pricing in a timely manner, in line with client requirements.
· Preparation of material take offs and liaison with subcontractors to quantify requirements of a tender.
· An ability to understand, scrutinize and verify supplier and subcontractor quotations for compliancy.
· Ensure tenders are prepared to a high standard and meet the clients deadlines.
· Liaising with other members of the estimating team and contracts managers.
· Carry out estimates using electronic (Amtech/Estimation.) package.
· Develop working relationships with design consultants, main contractors and clients to establish communication paths.
· Manage/Mentor junior members of the estimating team
· Work with various internal functions, to ensure our price offering is suitable to meet both our requirements and those of the client
· Undertake site visits and surveys
· Evaluate and clearly understand the details and requirements for each tender
· Be up to date with the latest estimator techniques and procedures
The expected qualifications experience for the Mechanical Estimator are:
· At least 2-3 years' experience as a Mechanical Estimator in Building Services (HVAC), working within an ME Contractor environment.
· Excellent understanding of commercial tendering process and associated activities
· You will need to have time served qualification in the mechanical services construction industry
· Ambitious and enthusiastic towards their career and projects
· Ability to work alone and part of a team
· Well organised with a high attention to detail
· Analytical skills able to review data
· Able to work to tight and strict deadlines
· Experience Strong negotiation Mechanical qualifications skills.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with wide range of people
· A full and clean driving licence.
The salary and benefits of the Mechanical Estimator role are dependent on experience, but will include; a competitive salary, company car or car-allowance, pension holiday and other company benefits.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Adam Brown or Liam Mills on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)
Role: Mechanical Estimator
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Newmarket, Suffolk,
Apply for this job now.
- ms project