- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £15.00 - £15.50 gross per hour
Are you a Media and Communications professional? Are you available immediately until at least December 2019?
My client is seeking an experienced Media and Communications Officer to join them on a temporary basis for a minimum period of 5 months. This is a full time role to start ASAP and my client is paying £15.00 per hour
Working for Swale Borough Council you will be based in their Sittingbourne office and reporting directly to the communications manager.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be educated to A level standard
- At least two years experience working in a a journalistic environment
- Have excellent writing skills
- Awareness of law relating to the reporting of events, data protection, child protection, copyright law etc
- Excellent ICT skills and a sound knowledge of Social Media
PURPOSE OF JOB
- Deliver professional media relations service for the council, acting as the main point of contact for journalists.
- Offering expert advice to councillors and officers on proactive and reactive media handling strategies to protect and enhance the council's reputation.
- Monitor and evaluate media coverage and reporting, keeping key stakeholders informed about the council's reputation in the media.
- Contribute to a rolling forward plan of proactive communications activity to deliver a strategic approach to media relations.
- Proactively identifying news opportunities and writing tailored news releases for use on a range of on and offline channels, to promote council services and protect and enhance the organisation's reputation.
- Respond to journalist queries in a timely and professional manner, in liaison with service managers, heads of service or councillors as appropriate.
- Contribute to a rolling schedule and forward plan of upcoming media activity for the council.
- Monitor, record and evaluate key service data as part of the teams continual monitoring process.
- Develop dynamic and collaborative relationships with councillors, officers, stakeholders, partners and the media so the communications service is trusted, respected and has impact.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer service including taking ownership of customer queries and complaints and following issues through to completion.
- To comply with all decisions, policies and standing orders of the council and any relevant statutory requirements including the Code of Recommended Practice on Local Authority Publicity as well as equality and diversity legislation.
- To undertake other duties, commensurate with the job grade, that may arise, as required.
- To be flexible in working arrangements in order to meet the needs of the service. This may involve some evening and weekend work
If this sounds like you, then please contact me today for immediate consideration.
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
- customer service
- social media