- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
To be eligible for an internship you must be currently studying within third level education and returning after the 6 month internship, or else out of full-time education no longer than 12 months.
This is a 6 month internship, starting June 2019.
Airbnb for Work is putting together a highly motivated Meetings and Events team to further the Airbnb mission of providing inspiring meeting experiences for our hosts and guests, focused specifically on growing the Corporate Meeting sector in London. Collectively with the team, you will be modernizing the event spaces experience in a one trillion dollar industry. The objective is to help create a new category of meetings that is authentic and people-powered. This role will be based in London, 6 months internship.
- The Host Development Intern (HDC) will support the Host Development Manager (HDM). Together, they will work with the local Airbnb operations team and will focus on three main activities: 1) Onboarding new hosts, 2) Educating and assisting existing hosts to improve their listings and to collect feedback and 3) Assist in building a local host community to help scale these activities.
- 1) Onboarding new hosts: Onboarding individuals and/or companies (event hosts) that offer unique and high-quality event & meeting spaces. This includes supporting hosts with necessary assistance as they add relevant details about their space to the platform.
- 2) Educating and assisting existing hosts: Supporting hosts with design-, decor- and presentation tips in a consultative role in order to best showcase their spaces on our platform and to give guests a better experience when booking the space.
- 3) Help build a local host community: In order to scale the activities above, you will also assist the HDM in building a local host community focused on engaging Airbnb hosts through host education and community building (online and offline) with the support of the Airbnb host community team. The objective is to strengthen host loyalty and engagement and to nurture brand ambassadors.
- The role will include a mix of inside sales calls, web-based demonstrations, online chat and email campaigns as well as face-to-face meetings.
- You will be expected to share valuable insights gained from interactions with event hosts with the greater Airbnb for Work team.
Skills & Competencies
- You deliberately practice active listening techniques and remain consistently engaged in conversations. You consider tone and other nonverbal cues to accurately grasp the whole message. You have the patience to let people fully express their thoughts without interruption.
- You communicate clear, relevant, and succinct information to the right people at the right time, in a way that reduces confusion and builds trust. You take the time to understand event hosts’ pain points, identify gaps and share feedback with the HDM to help us better our value proposition.
- You quickly gain trust. You understand the important role relationships and strategic partnerships can play, and you cultivate these appropriately. You know when it's appropriate to persist, and when you should compromise when communicating the value of Airbnb to new and existing hosts. You have a consultative approach to sales.
- Accountable for meeting individual metrics, as well as adherence to Airbnb terms and conditions.
Design-driven and Creative
- You have a creative, design-driven nature and is able to quickly identify and communicate interior design and/or online presentation optimizations of relevant event spaces on the platform.
- Graduated/ Studying preferably within hospitality and sales
- Savvy and interested in interior design, decor and making an event space stand out & appealing
- Analytical sales skills and an ability to manage a large volume book of business, and prioritize hosts’ requests
- Demonstrating excellent communication and fluent in English.
- Knowledge of Excel, Google Docs. Experience with Salesforce CRM for driving sales as a plus but not mandatory
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever changing startup environment.
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.