- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- SCOTLAND GB
• A Member Representative for our branch in Edinburgh, Midlothian
• £17,000 – £23,158 depending on experience plus lots of extra benefits
• Permanent, 21 hours per week , Monday to Saturday
• Flexible worker across Edinburgh and Borders District
• Our interview dates are likely to be 15th January 2020
You’ll be the face of the Society and responsible for providing a first class, friendly and knowledgeable service for everyone who walks through our doors. That means taking ownership of their queries and building strong relationships. You’ll help our members with their money by understanding their needs and pointing them towards the right products or services.
Who we're looking for
We’re not just looking for your experience and skills. We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people and so we want our employees to be just as diverse
At Nationwide, our members are at the heart of everything we do so we are looking for a great listener, someone who is sociable and enjoys communicating with people.
Are you someone who likes to solve problems and loves a bit of a challenge, a team player and someone who can be empathetic? These are all great qualities that would be a perfect match for the Member Representative role.
It would be great if you are aware of financial products, such as a current accounts, personal loans and credit cards. However, don’t worry - we’ll train you on our fantastic, market leading products.
What you'll be doing
We’ll give you all the training you need to set you up for a successful career with us. You’ll learn about Nationwide and the way we look after our members by shadowing colleagues and spending time in our virtual classrooms. Once trained, you’ll be;
• Confidently meeting and greeting our members in the branch, pointing them in the right direction, or responding to their questions
• Getting to know the members, understanding their needs and building relationships in order to deliver the legendary service we’re known for
• Talking to different people, having lots of different types of conversations, from taking ownership of answering simple questions to handling complex problems
• Making sure you manage daily tasks efficiently, ensuring you’re doing the right thing in the right way for our members
• keeping up to speed with product knowledge and initiatives to support our members.
- customer service
- ms project
- project manager
- safety and security