- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Want to help our customers find great consumer products?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon Goods, the retail arm of our business, is a one-stop shop for brand-name essentials and unexpected, one-of-a-kind finds. For our merchants, this means massive exposure, smart promotion, and reliable fulfillment. For our customers, this means great deals on a variety of products ranging from electronics to clothing, home goods to beauty.
You'll be responsible for maintaining and nurturing our vendor relationships to decide all of the details around the products that go on our site. On our team, you will be retail-savvy and work to fuel the growth of Goods by sourcing in-demand and creative products that our customers will love. You'll work with vendors within the German market, providing a customisable way for brands to connect with a potentially new customer base. And while our Buyers use acumen and consumer-products expertise of traditional buyers, we are digital-first: You should be comfortable with an online focus within the modern retail environment.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a great way to grow your career? Let's get into the details:
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will source and solidify premier brand relationships in order to curate products that consumers will love
- You will own the negotiation, including terms of sale, price point, and margin
- Monitor performance versus plan to identify trend opportunities you can take advantage of
- Develop assortments that support category goals and key item focus for your customers
- Work with category manager to help develop line strategies
- Research product landscape to keep current with industry trends and pricing dynamics in the consumer-product-goods space
- Manage category selection with the goal of optimizing sales and the customer experience
- Coach and develop Assistant and Associate Buyers to ensure growth and readiness for next level position
- Possible travel to trade shows (up to 10%)
We’re excited about you if you have:
- You should have 2+ years of experience in buying, with evidence of successful negotiation in competitive markets, and a Bachelor’s degree
- You have excellent skills in Google Suite (Docs, Calendar, Sheets, Mail) and Microsoft Suite
- You have impeccable business insight and acumen
- You have a meticulous attention to detail with a track record of delivering results while juggling multiple projects
- You can meet deadlines with moving targets while understanding impact on P&L
- You have an uncanny ability to focus in a whirlwind of change, even if that involves occasional karaoke
- You can handle your category from both the macro and micro levels, ensuring your work has the biggest impact on the organization as a whole
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally