- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Middleware Infrastructure Specialist - 90226360
Posting Range:14 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Middleware Infrastructure Specialist
You will be part of the team responsible for the developing / engineering (architecture, design, build, script, document and test) bank wide Middleware solutions and facilitate their handover to the production Middleware RTB functions.
You will be a Middleware engineer / developer responsible for the creation and enhancement of strategic platforms and integrated components to support Middleware Services and PaaS (Platform as a Service).
What will you be doing?
• Responsibility for technical review and agreement of Middleware Product requirements and feasibility
• Work as part of the “Agile” team on estimating and managing progress of all required work tasks
• Comprehensive and clear documentation of Middleware Product deliverables including consumer-related documentation
• Responsible for the technical implementation and delivery of new Middleware Product features
• Responsible for the design, documentation, coding, testing and promotion of Middleware Product deliverables
• Responsible for the support and training of users in Middleware Product offerings over multiple channels (chat, web presentation, email etc)
• To maintain an interest and knowledge of new innovations in Middleware technologies
• Adherence with Middleware standards builds.
What we’re looking for:
• An awareness of Configuration Management Tools, in particular Chef
• Application hosting technologies e.g. WAS, Redhat tomcat, Apache HTTP, JBOSS, weblogic, coherence, GridGain
• Strong knowledge of Agile development processes and tooling
• Strong knowledge of Middleware technologies is required to help define the technical, tooling, lifecycle, security, governance and processes around solutions,
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Messaging technologies e.g. IBM MQ, IBM Integration Bus (IIB), Red Hat AMQ, Kafka
• Knowledge of Version Control System: Git, Github, GitLab
• Understanding of Platform as a Service Cloud Service: Amazon Web services (AWS), Google cloud
• Knowledge of Linux OS and Kernel: RedHat, Unix, windows
Where will you be working?
We are set in the beautiful countryside of Knutsford, and have lots to on offer to our employees including: Dress down code every day, an onsite gym, remote working, Starbucks, family fun days, Astro turf, Tennis courts and much more. We also offer a free shuttle bus service from Knutsford train station to the site in the morning and from the site back to the train station in the evening.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.