- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £31,362.00 - £35,400.00 gross per year
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration.
Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world.
Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments.
We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Mobile Controls Engineer to be based at Avondale House, Bellshill, ML4 3NJ.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 40 hours per week.
This is a role for a proven Controls Engineer with a strong background in PLC and SCADA control systems.
Supported by a strong operational team, the focus is developing, maintaining and improving the SCADA / PLC controls systems for the Newcastle Helix and Edinburgh St James Energy Network Schemes.
The contracts involve CHP engines, gas boilers and chillers as a means of supply of heat, electricity and cooling to a range of consumers.
* Carry out operator interface assessment including upgrading schematics and documentation to allow operators to monitor the controls with sufficient confidence
* Assess and improve plant utilisation and energy management
* Provide dedicated Controls support in the event of system / sub-system failure and its speed of resolution
* Review and undertake de-commissioning activities in relation of updating controls functionality as temporary connections are removed
* Prepare for and develop control philosophy in conjunction with ENGIE Design team for Legacy phase operation and development
* Provide monthly stored data results held on the SCADA system in the correct format, which is critical in the formulation of the monthly report supplied to the "Employer"
The ideal candidate will have:
* Previous experience in this field and the relevant industry qualifications.
* A good understanding of operations and maintenance, heating / chilling plant and distribution systems on a commercial and industrial level is desirable
* Expert knowledge of IT related monitoring systems, in particular:
* Understanding PLC logic and control philosophy and its practical application to commercial / industrial systems
* Commissioning of new PLC control systems and carrying our modifications and logic changes
* Software change control management
* Functional control changes to reflect new operational requirements
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK.
There is no re-location package with this job role.
ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert.
Agency involvement is not required.
All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview