- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Compensation: £35k - 60k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Mobile Developer
Industry: eCommerce, Software Development, Web Development
Company size: 11-50 people
Company type: Private
ios, mobile, android, java, json
“Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” Steve Jobs
The above quote is so very often true, and yet mobile and technical teams are so often segregated. No more…
Can Factory are building a new in-house mobile team to help us in the continuing challenge of pushing the limits of what is possible. So often we work with external mobile contractors whose focus can be very much around the individual project. We want to build a mobile capability that can learn to leverage the true skills of our highly experienced developers. Our existing mobile apps are built in either Swift for iOS or Java for Android.
We have an amazing group of developers with decades of experience of pushing the boundaries of sites such as Red Nose Day, ITV, Cineworld, VOX Cinemas and many more. We want to bring a joint mobile / technical team together. That team need to continuously learn from each other and figure out where we can push things to the edge to get the best possible solution for our clients.
We are often in control of the back office as well as the mobile apps, so some experience of Java and RESTful API’s would be extremely useful. Naturally we heavily use git and AWS to manage and deploy our solutions, so a good understanding of those or similar technologies is required. All of the existing team have experience and regularly use Xcode, Android Studio and IntellJ to develop in.
You will be working in direct partnership with a very experienced team on both new and existing projects, including a large international entertainment clients across multiple platforms. The role requires gathering design / business requirements from clients and then analysing, designing and implementing bespoke solutions. If you are someone who thrives in small team-orientated environments, and you are passionate about developing high quality mobile solutions, then this is the place for you.
You can see some of our latest work on the VOX Cinemas website and mobile apps. VOX are a multiplex based in various regions and came to us to build an entire multilingual, multi-currency back office, website and suite of mobile apps to delight their customers. Check out their website for a taster. https://www.voxcinemas.com
The core management team have come from large full service agencies and so have experience of running mixed skilled teams to get the best results for every project. If you genuinely care about good mobile development, as well as a good solution behind it, then drop us a line.
We believe that everyone in the team has a voice and we all work directly with clients to shape the final solutions that we are proud to deliver. If you want to be part of a team that makes a difference and has control over their path, then you’ve come to the right place.
Goals For Your First Three Months
- Understand the team, culture and projects
- Learn the Can Factory, Can Do way
- Prove that you can consistently produce quality output
What we want?
- An interest in mobile rather an one platform
- Highly motivated people with a passion for learning
- Team players who can learn and teach as they go
- Someone who has built a variety of mobile solutions
- Someone who thrives on delivering high quality output
- Someone who has an interest of pushing their iOS and Android skills
- Experience creating semantic mobile solutions and responsive designs
- Ability to analyse requirements and design a top-level solution
- Takes pride in creating concise, clear and elegant designs
- The right to live and work in the UK (working visa & residency etc)
Nice to Have
- Experience of mobile development in a transactional environment
- Experience of mobile development on either the iOS or Android platforms
- Experience of ecommerce, retail, food / beverage and ticketing sites
- Experience of interaction with local storage e.g. CoreData
- Experience of using and managing a long lived API and versioning that data
This position is based in our London office overlooking the River Thames. We have great kit, an amazing team, fantastic benefits and a great office. However most important of all, we do things right. We create great code and delight our clients and their customers. Come and see why people stay at Can Factory!
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the right to work in the UK and all relevant visas already in place to apply for this role.