- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Model Data Delivery Developer - 90224854
Posting Range:12 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Model Data Delivery Developer
Barclays are looking for a passionate Model Data Delivery Developer to join our team!
As a Model Data Delivery Developer who will be leading data developers within this high-profile team, you will take ownership of data strategy and infrastructure support for multiple portfolios and work with stakeholders across Credit Risk, Finance, Treasury and the business to understand all factors that impact Impairment and capital, preparing modelling-friendly analytical datamarts, ensuring that model input data is accurate and the end to end processes are well structured by following a rigorous governance and standard framework.
What will you be doing?
• Acting as a Lead Design to ensure a comprehensive Data Management solution is in place to support the modelling and downstream activities
• Working with and leading the data developers to ensure the ETL processes designed to ingest the data is fit for purpose, accurate and the data reconciles to Risk and Finance KPIs
• Very strong SAS, SQL, data modelling and transformation skills - with ability to manipulate large datasets, automate processes and debug code with minimal steer.
• Design and implement data strategies and processes for regulatory related projects taking into account stakeholder needs and technical strategy of the organisation.
• Provide insight and recommendations on best use of data and infrastructure to modelling teams and other stakeholders.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationship with key stakeholders.
• Ensure processes are managed in line with key policy and SOX controls liaising with the governance, policy and SOX teams where necessary.
What we’re looking for:
• A high level of analytical work experience in financial services strongly preferred.
• Experience of over sighting data provisioning processes is essential
• Experience of Project Management and People Management is required
• Extensive knowledge of SAS (Base, EG, DI), Rational Databases (Oracle, Teradata etc.), UNIX, Tivoli and other analytic toolsets.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in working on Hadoop platform and tools such as Impala, Hive, Spark, Pig, etc. is a bonus
• knowledge of Collections and Recoveries in customer lifecycle
• Experience with other analytical tools such as R, WPS and SPSS
• Knowledge of SAP Business Objects is desirable but not essential
Where will you be working?
Barclays Scotland is a real Scottish success story. We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. Glasgow is a recognised strategic hub within Barclays globally, and admired as a shining light in Scottish business. Due to the scale of work we do here, there are countless opportunities for our colleagues to develop and progress. We’re a place where talented people can build a satisfying and diverse career, within a community of talented and passionate people.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.