- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Model Risk Management (AVP) - 90230400
Posting Range:2 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Model Risk Management (AVP)
Within MRM, Model Governance and Controls (MGC) is responsible for the establishment of, and conformance with, model risk policies and standards, covering all key areas of the model lifecycle, as well as the management of the key risk framework for model risk.
What will you be doing?
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Playing a key role in supporting the team on controls, UAT, reporting and training
- Model Inventory management
- Develop and Produce Reports
- Support MRM to achieve BCBS239 full compliance and all relevant BICEP/BCF initiatives for IT development
- Support in control gap analysis
- Provide training and guidance in control awareness
- Look to continuously improve the control environment
What we’re looking for:
Extremely effective people manager – able to manage, motivate and inspire large operational team.
• Proven experience of running & operating a 24x7 facility.
• Proven leadership, relationship management and communication skills.
• Experience of building and delivering a world-class security operations team.
• Experience in the field of security monitoring, incident response and mitigation, web application security, threat research or intelligence analysis.
• Incident, Problem and Change Management trained.
• Cyber Threat Monitoring and SIEM Integration;
o Proficiency in SIEM Technologies & Usability in a Large & Complex Computing Environment
o Proficiency in Development & Identification of Data Correlations to Increase Fidelity of Security Alerting
o Proficiency in SIEM Static, Behavioural, Predictive, & Trending Detections and Alerts
o Proficient in Documentation and Ticketing fundamentals
o Proficiency in Leveraging Knowledge Management
Skills that will help you in the role:
Cyber Kill Chain
o Intelligence Driven Defence
o Security architectures
• Confident, with the ability to remain calm, controlled and focused in pressure situations
• Ability to identify operational risks and issues in a fast time environment, and take proportionate and appropriate actions.
• Ability to help write concise reports based on complex data with accuracy, brevity, and speed.
• A good understanding of a Corporate, Physical Security Environment.
• Previous experience in a Security Control Room environment is desirable.
• Previous experience of Incident Response procedures, with technical ability to ‘take control, and co-ordinate’ major security incidents
• Mentoring experience
• UK Security Clearance (preferable).
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.