- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The best Connection are recruiting on behalf of a courier company based out of Southampton. They are currently looking for several drivers from mid August. The positions are permanent and will be Monday - Friday . All candidates must hold a valid B licence with previous van driving experience.
- Delivering parcels to various locations around the south.
- Performing pre and post vehicle checks in accordance with company policy and reporting any defects.
- Completing all deliveries within the required timeslots with a professional and efficient manner.
- Following all company safety policies and procedures.
- No DD, IN, DR’s on licence.
- Good Knowledge of the south coast road systems.
- Previous delivery experience is desired.
- Good customer service skills as would be customer facing.
- Drivers will be expected to complete drugs and alcohol tests and DBS upon their interview which is paid and conducted by our client.
Runs may fluctuate slightly on a day to day basis but all shifts are core day time hours. All shifts are based on 9 hours from the start time, for the first week drivers will be given 65% of a full route but paid the full rate, and during the second week it will be 85% of a full route and paid the full rate. As an average at the moment, most drivers finish their 9 hour routes in 7 or 8 hours and are given an opportunity to earn extra money for the day if available (£20 extra).
The pay is £130 p/day (max 10 hour day) additional £20 can be earned per day if completing runs early and taking on additional runs. Plus 18p per mile for fuel. All routes are pre-planned on 9 hour days. All drivers are taken on permanent from day 1, drivers are paid weekly.
Owner drivers are welcome, vehicles can be provided to candidates as long as they meet insurance criteria at £200 a week or £225 a week for 23-25 year olds.(max 6 points, held license for 2 years). (The insurance excess is £2500, which is deducted at £50 increments per week and is fully refundable provided there is no vehicle damage/charges). As vans are rented to drivers this essentially becomes their vehicle to take home.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Licence - Car/Van Driving Licence (Category B)
- Overtime Available
- Training Provided
- Weekend Work
The Best Connection Employment Group Limited was formed in 1991. The company has a network of 80+ branches throughout the UK, from which specialise in the supply of temporary labour to the industrial, HGV, warehouse and distribution sectors.
- customer service