- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Our client based on the outskirts of Ashford are currently looking for a Mulitskilled Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis, you will be a key player in the operational team to ensure optimum production while acheiving minimum production downtime.
- Ensure that performance of plant is maintained at agreed levels - aim of 100%.
- Plan and complete tasks for self from PPM and Manufacturers schedules.
- Support production, with ideas and initiative's to optimise line efficiency
- Encourage an open communication culture between departments. (Engineering, Technical, Production, Planning, NPD, and Hygiene).
- To be a role model for the Operatives in assisting and driving the agreed standards with shift and site managers
- Planned maintenance tasks including daily checks.
- Checks include start up, line set (safety, operations, technical and engineering), routine maintenance in accordance with manufacturer's schedules, complete relevant documentation in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- PLC fault finding/diagnostics along with a strong health and safety ethic.
- Food safety, allergen handling and HACCP knowledge would be beneficial.
- Relevant Engineering qualifications (Electrical Mechanical Engineering, health & safety, etc.)
- Ability to show resilience and a flexible approach.
- Able to work rotating shift pattern.
- Full understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality.
- Good communication skills with the authority to stop production and place materials on hold if they fail to meet the Company's quality standards.
- Maintenance of PPM & Defect systems - completion of paperwork, requests, etc. Measurement of downtime on relevant lines.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Kieran on