- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £40,000.00 - £43,500.00 gross per year
- Melton Mowbray
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer with electrical bias job. Permanent nights - 4 on, 4 off. 7pm - 7am.
Your new company
This organisation is part of the successful national group and prides itself on its delivery of high quality products for the retail market. They have a passion for people and currently employs approximately 700 members of staff at its dedicated manufacturing facility in Melton Mowbray. They are a dedicated investor in people and are keen to up skill and develop their workforce, whilst, actively seeking to promote people from within too. In order to cover increasing production they are looking to recruit a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their well-respected Engineering Team. They deliver a comprehensive production and utilities maintenance programme and provide pro-active response to breakdowns across our 24-hour operation.
Your new role
You will join a skilled Maintenance Engineering team working on a range of equipment including conveyors, small control panels, flow wrappers, sealing machines, metal detectors and basic PLCs. You need to understand that this is a 24/7 production facility where the Maintenance team provide a service to production by keeping production lines running and minimising downtime. Your main duties will include:
- Deliver a comprehensive maintenance programme based on an electronic PM system targeted at reducing unplanned work and maximising machine availability.
- Modify and update PM system and hard copy information on a daily basis to ensure engineering information is up to date and accurate.
- Pass relevant information daily to colleagues.
- Deliver a first class pro-active service and support for production requirements and factory services.
- Train and assist production to deliver efficient machine setup and rapid start ups.
- Work pro-actively with contractors, agencies and other staff to ensure efficient and compliant running of the factory.
- Champion specific machinery and projects.
- Manage own self to meet company objectives to agreed timescales.
What you'll need to succeed
You are a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer with electrical bias either from a manufacturing/production environment or a military background. You are educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent within Maintenance Engineering. The right attitude is crucial to this role and fitting in with this team so your positive and pro active approach will be essential as is your ability to analyse and solve problems methodically. You are able to build relationships across all factory functions as part of a team and you can demonstrate a drive to improve, learn and succeed.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary of £43.5K plus overtime. There is an extensive benefits package including a Retirement Savings Plan of 5% contribution, 21 days holiday, private healthcare, free parking and a subsidised restaurant. Should you wish too, you will be able to build on your career with realistic opportunities to step into a Team Leader role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.