- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £12.00 - £16.00 gross per hour
Looking to take the next career step?
Our Client is looking for NACWO, the post holder will primarily be responsible for the provision of animal care and welfare as Animal Technician and Named Animal Care and Welfare Officer (NACWO). Providing day-to-day management of the animal facility delivering technical and scientific support and animal care and welfare in compliance with all relevant legislation.
The post holder will also act as the Lead NACWO. The NACWO will have direct line management and will support them in raising animal welfare concerns with the Named Veterinary Officer and/or Deputy Establishment Licence Holder as appropriate.
Description of Duties
Advise on scientific and technical procedures and compliance with relevant legislation:
* Role as NACWO for the marine site to ensure compliance with The Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 (ASPA).
* Ensure all activities associated with the provision of research resources are compliant with the Institute of Aquaculture and Home Office regulations.
* Liaise with the Named Veterinary Surgeon (and Home Office inspectors when appropriate) on a regular basis to update on health and welfare of all animals.
* Ensure compliance with Institute of Aquaculture procedures relating to licences and the purchase, movement, and transportation of animals.
* Maintain accurate records pertaining to the use of animals in research and ensure that robust processes are in place to ensure compliance with legislation.
* Keep up to date with new legislation working with the other site NACWO's to ensure that processes and practices are updated in line with new legislation
* Liaise with another site NACWO's to develop internal and external networks to ensure that best practice and enhancements in procedures and animal welfare are implemented as appropriate.
* Maintain the highest level of day-to-day husbandry of animals ensuring care and welfare is of the utmost priority. This will include some lifting and moving of fish and equipment.
* Maintenance of equipment, tanks, and facility related requirements
* Maintain security, biosecurity and health and safety for all who visit or work in the facility
* Ensure the appropriate level of care and cover is provided out-of-hours (as part of an out-of-hours duty rota) to comply with animal health and welfare.
Are you looking for a job that starts immediately? Great! Have noticed period? Do not worry, they are also happy to wait for the right people too. There are multiple roles so plenty of opportunities there for the right candidate. The application process for this role is QUICK and EASY, and the essentials are enlisted within this advert.
Permitting you match said criteria, simply click and apply to the advert, and if successful, you will be contacted by a member of the team ASAP. Due to the number of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 1 week, unfortunately, you have not been successful for this role.
We have a high success rate in getting people their dream jobs, so please apply today and let us help you get that career you have been waiting for.
Did you know that by applying via an agency, you are 10 times more likely to successfully pass the interview and be offered a role? We ask that you apply solely via ourselves so that we can offer you this extra support
What are the benefits of applying for jobs solely through S3 as a recruitment agency as oppose to applying direct?
You are 10 times more likely to be offered a role via an agency - You get FREE support and extra help providing you apply via our agency only. Please do speak to us first before applying for further roles, as we sadly cannot represent you if you apply directly or have duplicate applications to the same role. Let us do the hard work for you and trust our success rates!
1st hand Exclusive intel on upcoming and potential new jobs - We have access to jobs that you as a job seeker often cannot see (yet). Through many years of partnership with clients, agencies are often the first to hear about profiles that are needed. You could be that 1st CV in front of the hiring manager that is seen before the job advert is even up!
We are trusted - As a well-known and established agency within this very niche sector, we are highly-trusted by the industry employers to find the right people. As a candidate, we would offer solid interview prep that is clear, up to date, revised and well informed. We can offer information, advice, and guidance on getting the job because we know the employers the best!
24/7 helpline - Support during the recruitment stage through to in work support stage. This could be for help with your application, pending interview and even once you are in work. We have a team of ex-industry senior level workers who are here to support you from the application, interview, offer and even when you are successfully placed in work.
So why wait? Apply now to start your career today!!
S3 Science is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
- safety and security