- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This is a great Interim opportunity for a National Product Development Manager with a multi-site sports/leisure business based in London.
Our client are a market leader within their industry, the need a National Product Development Manager to join their growing team and innovate across all customer segments.
The National Product Development Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Understand current & future customer's needs in order to develop a pipeline of appropriate new products that drives incremental revenue & profit.
- Comfortable in creating new products as well as leading buying and negotiating price for products ranging from Food & Drink offering to vending, clothing & equipment.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product across all aspects of the business.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitor's products in both direct & non-direct competitors
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses
- Ensures product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels.
- Brings new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and product development, preparing return-on-investment analyses.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, operations and production - where applicable.
- Determines product pricing by utilising market research data; utilisation rates, regional differences, reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customised orders.
- Responsible for negotiating best commercial terms with both existing and future suppliers - whilst working with Marketing team to maximise sponsorship revenues.
- Working closely with Operations team to ensure that all initiatives are delivered through to clubs and staff on time & to budget
The candidate that joins the team will bring the following skills and attributes:
- Proven track record within a similar remit across multiple sites.
- Can demonstrate the ability to translate complex sets of data and insights into actions and propositions
- Has successfully taken new product development from proposition to implementation
- Effective project management skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills - detail orientated.
- Able to work to strict deadlines and KPI's
- An understanding of the sport industry would be an advantage.
- Ability to engage with various stakeholders.
- Innovative and creative
- Team player - but also happy to work alone on driving new initiatives
You need to be available at a maximum of 2 weeks notice.
Competitive salary/day rate circa 3 months + interim contract.
- "Product Management"
- ms project