- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Network Engineer (Delivery and Support) - 90227327
Posting Range:22 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Network Engineer (AVP)
Location: Radbroke Hall, Knutsford
Global Technology Infrastructure Services (further referenced to as GTIS) is a team of approximately 4,300 colleagues based in EMEA, US, APAC and Africa. We are accountable for delivering and supporting resilient, secure infrastructure technology and services to customers, clients and colleagues.
GTIS is a central team of engineers, which develops and support IT infrastructure of the bank. Barclays Collaboration services (BCS), Barclays Hosting Services (BHS), and Barclays Foundation Services (BFS) are the functional verticals within GTIS.
What will you be doing?
• You will focus on delivery of committed work streams in the agreed time frames
• You will work with Project Managers to create Low level design for the project by following engineering standards.
• You will be working with key stakeholders to develop network designs in support of LAN, MAN, WAN, data centre, Wireless, extranet, and branch deployments
• You will be involved in configuration of network hardware
• You will be involved in deployment of network equipment and subsequent testing in keeping with our risk profile:
• You will be ensuring Network Stability
What we’re looking for:
• CCNP or CCIE Routing and Switching or Data Centre
• Hands on experience in configuring Cisco ACI
• Experience in deploying and configuring F5 Load Balancers GTM/LTM
• Experience in deploying and configuring multi-vendor firewall platforms
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Have worked with or had exposure to Enterprise Level Firewalls and/or Load Balancing technologies
• A proven track record of customer focused delivery in a fast paced environment
• Previous experience working in a regulated environment
Where will you be working?
Radbroke Hall is a white French chateau-style former country house in Peover Superior, Cheshire, England. It takes its name from the Red Brook stream that runs through the grounds. It was built between 1914 and 1917. The site was purchased by Barclays from The Nuclear Power Group in 1972. Approximately 1,400 staff were located from London to the new site. Today the site is home to the Barclays Technology Centre and mainly focuses on supporting the banks IT infrastructure.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.