- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Morgan Philips Group is an innovative recruitment business with a footprint across 4 continents. In just 5 years, we have built a global platform that disrupts conventional thinking in executive and professional recruiting. We combine high-touch consultancy with worldwide search capability and digital sourcing technologies to help you recruit better, faster and cost effectively.
Network Implementation Manager/Network Build Manager - Optical
Are you an experienced Network Implementation Manager or Network Build Manager who is looking to be involved in an exciting and challenging pan European network refresh project?
Our customers current backbone network extends across multiple European countries. It is based on 12,000 km of dark fibre and more than 300 network elements hosted across 32 main Points of Presence (PoPs) and 140 remote sites.
As part of the recently approved Network Refresh programme, this network will be refreshed and expanded over a multi-year period increasing the number of sites connected and increasing dark fibre procurement using long term IRU's. We are currently in the planning and procurement stages of this project and need an experienced Network Implementation Manager to support successful delivery of this large network refresh programme.
Why work for this company?
They offer a blazing-fast, cutting-edge network that connects organisations across Europe and the world.
Thanks to our terabit network, customers can share record volumes of data unconstrained by location, solving some of mankind's biggest challenges.
You'll be supporting critical research into sustainable energy, deep space, high-energy physics, earth observation, environmental disasters, medicine and more!
You'll receive excellent benefits and a generous holiday allowance and a 5% end of year bonus as standard. We also invest heavily in learning to help our people become the best at what they do.
Network Implementation Manager - Fibre and Network Transition
Under the guidance of the Programme Manager - Fibre and Network Transition, the Implementation Manager will work very closely with the selected Connectivity Providers (commercial suppliers or UK/European clients) and Optical Line System vendor to deploy a new European-wide optical network. The following, at a minimum, fall within the scope of the responsibilities:
* Coordinate deployment related planning activities in line with the overall programme plan
* Work with Project Administrators and vendor Project Teams to ensure all project & deployment related data is populated in IT and PMO Systems and ensure that all data in these systems is kept up to date
* Coordinate with Connectivity Suppliers to define new dark fibre route availability dates and ensure accurate fibre test records are received and subsequently handed over to the OLS vendor
* Work with the Optical Line System vendor and Connectivity Suppliers to plan and execute deployment related tasks to deploy, test and accept new DWDM routes
* Working with the internal Implementation Team, Operations Centre and OLS vendor, ensure all trunk/route migrations to the new vendors OLS routes are completed in line with agreed Planned Works
* Ensure all work is carried out to the highest standard, with documentation completed and work with the Project Administrators to ensure the Network Inventory System database is updated in a timely manner
* Provide input to the Programme Manager as required to support the production of Management Reports and Presentations Work with the Programme Manager, OLS vendor, Connectivity Providers and internal Implementation Team to implement and manage Health, Safety, Environment & Quality processes at all stages on the network implementation
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Knowledge
* Substantial experience in implementing projects within an SME or business 'start-up' environment.
* Proven experience working on physical infrastructures, including POP design, fibre routing and network facility management in WAN infrastructures
* Experience working either with major OLS equipment vendors or major UK/EU connectivity suppliers in deploying, operating or maintaining DWDM networks
* Proven track record in planning and delivering daily and /or project workload.
* Relevant experience in working in diverse suppliers/vendors in delivering complex fibre network & infrastructure type projects
* Experience in a project driven environment, collaborative background
* Experience in deploying large scale Pan European transmission networks involving ongoing interaction with diverse connectivity suppliers across the EU
* Experience in working within small project teams and in a matrix management project structure
* Experience with MS Office suite of applications, including using and updating Visio Diagrams
* Experience working with and understanding of the following technology areas:
o Optical and IP Networking and equipment
o Operational tools and systems (OSS,BSS)
* Ideally educated to degree level, or equivalent in professional experience
* An understanding of the drivers for change, and the ability to design new processes and improve existing processes to increase operational efficiency
* An understanding of how operational experience can be translated into useful tools
* Good organisational and communication skills
* Thorough and accurate- pays attention to detail
* Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
* Organised and able to identify and prioritise work
* Able to provide creative solutions or ideas
Willingness to travel within the EU as required during the initial deployment phases (1-week maximum trip duration up to 6 trips in 12 months)
- ms project
- project manager