- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £40,000.00 - £45,000.00 gross per year
Engineering Purchasing Manager
We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated individual who can demonstrate a strong background in engineering procurement. The successful person will deliver supplier management, strategic sourcing, and contract negotiations. With a drive for continual improvement you will be key to developing the supply chain as well as the procurement team.
A highly successful SME engineering organisation, at the forefront of design and manufacture of specialist items across industries.
You will be responsible for setting the businesses strategic approach to purchasing including optimising the supplier base, analysing the annual spend, and sourcing and assessing new suppliers. The role will work closely with internal engineering and other internal teams to communicate the technical requirements and ensure that suppliers are able to deliver to detailed specifications. You will also be ensuring that the correct parts and engineered systems are purchased from reading engineering drawings. You will be responsible for developing the whole purchasing department.
• Experienced Purchasing Manager ideally CIPS qualified or Degree educated
• Experienced working in engineering businesses where you are dealing with nuts and bolts through to high value engineering components
• Ability to approach purchasing in a strategic as well as transactional manner.
• You need a hands on can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and an ability to organise, plan and prioritise core tasks.
• You will have a proven track record in managing a £multi-million spend for high volume as well as high value engineered parts.
• Strong leadership skills with ability to influence and motivate a team as well as prior success in developing other people in the team.
• Ensure accurate and timely recording of costs to allow full analysis to be prepared.
• Understand the timescales and deadlines for engineering project & products.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and relational abilities to build strong supplier and stakeholder relationships.
• Manage supplier negotiation and raising/authorising PO's for parts procurement.
• Experience of MRP and Excel
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, driven individual to join a highly successful engineering organisation, at the forefront of their industry. Taking on a management role with the scope to make key improvements.
- ms project