- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
NHS Security Operative (DBS & SIA Required)
My client is looking to recruit a Site Security Officers / Porter to work on a Hospital site.
This person is to ensure the safety of patients and staff and the protection of their property and property of the Trust.
Temporary: Expected to last 3 months
Hours: 8:30am to 5pm, 3pm to 9pm, 8pm to 8am, 8am to 8pm
- Monday to Sunday
* Weekdays £8.21 per hour PAYE or £9.90 per hour umbrella
* Nights and Saturdays £10.70 PAYE or £12.90 Umbrella
* Sundays £13.20 PAYE or £15.90
The successful role holder will be responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks and be able to
* Patrol various Hospital sites, Car parks and other Trust property within the Hospital area detecting and reporting crime;
* Protect Trust personnel and property from violence and criminal damage, including escorting staff to car parks out of hours, providing protection in secure clinics (including searching some patients), responding to any request for security assistance and securing and unlocking the hospital at night;
* Uphold and enforce The Trusts NHS Security Policy and Managing Violence and Aggressive Policy, appropriately diffusing violent or aggressive situations with visitors or patients and others, taking into account the circumstances of the situation.
Situations may involve people with mental health, drink and/or drug problems;
* Keep an up-to-date record in pocketbooks of each incident witnessed;
* Attend any court as witness to any incident, which leads to a Court case;
* Manage CCTV in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, including down loading snap shots and CCTV footage for evidence used by Avon and Somerset Police Force or others;
* To be computer literate to be able to deal with IT systems such as Trust ID card system, CCTV System and the On line incident report system
* Uphold and enforce Trust Parking policy including handling cash and issuing parking charge tickets out of hours;
* Act as Cash courier for all cash collection around trust property;
* Complete Physical and mechanical restraint
* The post holder may be required to carry out other relevant duties as required
* The post holder will make themselves familiar with, and adhere to, at all times, the policies and procedures
* Health and Safety The post holder is expected to ensure a healthy and safe environment exists in the department at all times.
They are expected to take reasonable care for their acts or omissions.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE SUBJECT TO A DBS CHECK PRIOR TO STARTIN
- safety and security