- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £17,784.00 gross per year
Night shift support workers - Edinburgh
Permanent - 36 hours a week - 30 days holiday (including 4 public holidays) and pension
£17,784 per annum (£9.50 an hour)
The Social Care Community Partnership are currently recruiting night shift support workers for people with physical disabilities in the Bonnington area of Edinburgh on a permanent, full time (36 hours per week) basis.
The shifts are 12 hours and for three days in a row, followed by three days off, therefore the days of the shifts will change.
At the heart of the work is a commitment to support people to live in their own homes in a way that promotes their independence and choice. As a support worker you will be assisting with personal care and community engagement activities for people with physical disabilities.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience of building good and effective working relationships.
- Understanding team working and group participation.
- Working on own initiative.
- Working in a flexible and non-judgemental way.
- Able to assess needs and respond accordingly.
- Physically able to cope with moving and transferring people.
- Ability to communicate, listen and negotiate.
- Flexibility with evening, weekend and sleepover working to meet the needs of the people we support and colleagues.
- Achieved or working towards suitable qualification to comply with SSSC registration; an SVQ3 in Health and Social Care or other appropriate equivalent qualification.
- All Support Workers are required to be registered under the protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme
For more information about this job opportunity, please click apply and submit your CV to Social Care Community Partnership or contact Martin Brownjohn or Steve More on 0131 202 9933 for a confidential discussion.
About The Social Care Community Partnership:
The Social Care Community Partnership is Scotland's premier social care recruitment agency, sourcing and placing both qualified Social Workers and Social Care professionals throughout Scotland and the rest of the U.K. Established in 2006 quality is built into everything we do; from day to day recruitment and selection processes, to The Social Care Community Partnership employees and to the Local Authorities, Government bodies and Third Sector/Non-Governmental Organisations that we work with. The client groups we work with range from Children and Families, Adults, Disabilities, Youth Offending and more. We recognise that our Social Care professionals make daily decisions that affect the lives of thousands of vulnerable people.
- social work