- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £27.00 - £32,000.00 gross per hour
Bee Appointed are delighted to be working exclusively with a multi-site food manufacturer synonymous for their creation of luxury frozen products under both own label and branded for a range of premium UK customers and blue-chip foodservice clients, as well as boasting highly successful and significant exports of their products throughout Europe. Located in the central belt area of Scotland our client’s site is highly commutable from most parts of Glasgow, Paisley and Renfrewshire.
We’re seeking a highly driven, dynamic and commercially savvy Product Technologist excited by the challenge of creating and producing on-trend, delicious and indulgent products that are unique to each of our client’s customers.
The rapid and continued growth of our client’s specialist frozen category is fuelled by consumer trends, and as a result the sector is stronger than ever. With combined food service and retail sales of UK frozen products projected to exceed a whopping £9bn by 2025, there has never been a better time or opportunity to join our clients truly innovative and award-winning New Product Development team.
The successful candidate will be a born ‘foodie’ ideally with experience in the development of high care, frozen food products from concept to launch, demonstrate a flexible and pro-active approach combined with strong and effective customer presentation skills.
- You’ll become an enthusiastic, passionate and genuine Product Champion able to generate tasty new products that are commercially viable, and which ensure our client remains at the forefront of its market
- Manage he product development life cycle for multiple customer accounts by overseeing, organising and conducting factory trials, being present at all stages of the production trial as well as during first production runs.
- Collating reports and communicating the required actions from every trial to appropriate stakeholders and relevant departments.
- Launching products from concept to launch through the management of the critical path process ensuring they are on time and importantly within budget.
- Continually seek to improve existing products and processes whilst being aware of the commercial implications
- Demonstrate solid experience of working across all areas of the NPD function from concept to launch.
- BSc Food Science/Technology or related degree, or similar qualification
- The ability to present product R&D in multi-functional project meetings and provide product leadership in projects with minimal supervision.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in working within Lean principles as well as demonstrating a solid understanding of technical and general manufacturing processes.
- Adept in developing product specifications, HACCP documentation and trial forms for projects.
- Able to build effective customer and day to day internal working relationships
- Ability to train and develop junior Development team members
- Flexibility in travelling visit customers within the UK and abroad
- Current, valid driving licence
Salary & Package
- £27-32,000 Dependent upon experience
- Company Pension
- 29 days holiday (Including statutory holidays & increasing in line with service)
If this really sounds like you and you’d like to be considered for this exciting Product Developer role, please click the ‘Apply now’ button or alternatively you can apply directly to me, Damian Anderson,
We aim to contact all applicants within 48 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
This role may be of interest to the following: NPD Technologist, New Product Development Technologist, New Process Development Technologist, Specifications Technologist, Product Technologist, R&D Technician, NPD Manager, Technical Manager, Food Technologist, NPD Coordinator, Controller, FMCG, Scotland, Glasgow, Edinburgh
- ms project