- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Profile Teaching - Nursing Lecturer
Contract Type Permanent
You will work closely with the Programme Leaders to realise the strategic vision of the School of Nursing to deliver our Undergraduate portfolio.
You will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the management of the academic content and pedagogy of the programme.
- Liaise with Programme Support Team.
- Contribute to the quality monitoring and continuous improvement activity in line with BPP's General Academic Regulations and policies.
- Contribute to the analysis/quality indicators for programme quality/student performance and monitor and act upon them where necessary.
- Attended Examination Boards.
- Undertake Academic Assessor duties.
Teaching & Student Support
- Undertake lecturing appropriate to the level of responsibility of the role.
- Support student through the completion of academic work.
- Support student through practice based learning and assessment.
- Support student who face challenges with progression / completion of their studies.
- Advise and action student referrals to other University Central support services.
- Engage in academic marking.
- Engage in academic moderation.
- Moderate Practice Assessment Documentation.
- Prepare and Support Practice Supervisors and Practice Assessors in the practice area.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the level of this role
Department School of Nursing
Location UK, South, Southampton
- First Degree
- Master level qualification
- Current NMC registration
- Evidence of on-going CPD & Scholarly activity
- Facilitation of student evaluation where appropriate
- Facilitation of student support
- Expertise in lecturing and designing modules and programmes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- Teaching Qualification relevant to the discipline
- Practitioner experience relevant to the discipline
- Experience of curriculum implementation
- Marking of work and preparation of results for Exam Boards
- A track record in research and translating research into teaching and education.
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description
FT Nurse Lecturer Southampton- May 19 (002).pdf (217 Kb)