- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £16,000.00 - £19,000.00 gross per year
Award winning recruitment company, Siamo recruitment are looking for a Level 3 Nursery Practitioner in Northamptonshire.
- Diploma cache/NVQ level 3 in children and young people's workforce or suitable equivalent
- Passion, creativity, joy, flexibility, reliability, commitment and good communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good IT skills
- Up to date DBS Check would be an advantage however not essential as one will be provided by the client upon successful employment.
Salary: £16,000 - £19,000 Dependant on experience.
Hours: 40 hours a week Mon - Fri
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work as a member of the nursery team to ensure that all children attending the nursery receive high quality care, are kept safe and are engaged in rich stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs and that it supports all aspects and components of the EYFS curriculum.
- To meet requirements of regulatory bodies with relation to EYFS matters, Special needs, child protection, Health and Safety and to ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Be responsible for day-to-day work in their room, encouraging good practice and EYFS implementation
- Provide a safe, supportive and caring environment for young children in the care of Nursery; to ensure that all aspects of each individual child's development are given full consideration
- Be a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families:
- Actively participate in planning for the EYFS curriculum and maintain accurate and effective children's profiles with observations and development records:
- Provide high standards of quality within the Nursery, including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Support and develop of good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion:
- Ensure that children are kept safe, and when necessary, follow Child Protection procedures:
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the Nursery. Operate the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the bedding and nappy changing area and food surface areas:
- Support and supervise room assistants with their day to day duties. Act as a role model for junior members of staff:
- Support and mentor colleagues who are studying for NVQ childcare qualifications.
- Attend regular or unplanned staff meetings and training sessions:
- Undertake any other duties as reasonable requested by line management