- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £15,500.00 - £22,000.00 gross per year
- Hemel Hempstead
Our client an OFSTED Outstanding Nursery on the Hertfordshire/Buckinghamshire borders, are looking to find happy, warm friendly and motivated staff with a passion for quality childcare to work at their nursery.
Unqualified to Level 3
Location: Hertfordshire/Buckinghamshire borders
Salary: £15,500-£22,000 (depending upon qualifications, experience & hours)
Duties and Responsibilities
Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Day Nursery.
* Work as part of the nursery team and assist in any duties required.
* Ensure that the recommended staff/child ratios are maintained at all times.
* Maintain a clean safe environment at all times and report any health and safety concerns to management team.
* Ensure records of the children's day are completed and the details communicated to parents.
* Ensure supervision at mealtimes and all dietary requirements are adhered to.
* Availability to work in any areas of the Day Nursery undertaking the care and supervision of the children and in other areas of the nursery to ensure its smooth running
* Attend and participate in any further training programmes as required.
* Promote positive behaviour of children and within the staff team.
* Be a key person, to a small number of children; this involves providing a secure attachment figure to help children settle, meeting their care needs such as feeding, sleeping and nappy changes, planning for your key children's needs and interests and monitoring and supporting their development.
* Make observations on children and ensure learning journals are kept up to date.
* Actively participate in the planning of activities to suit the children's needs and stages of development, supporting and promoting individual's learning.
* Actively participate in developing displays and ideas for effective working practice within the room.
* Build and maintain positive and effective relationships with parents/carers.
* In the absence of the senior practitioner, show willingness to maintain the smooth running of the room, by working effectively with your team.
* Attendance at the after-hours staff meeting to participate in discussions about the practice of the Day Nursery.
* Attend & be presentable, articulate, understanding & engaging at Parents Evenings
* Ensure confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
Additional Personal Qualities
* Warm & friendly with a genuine smile for the children, parents & carers
* Approachable & caring
* Trustworthy and confidential
* Presentable appearance and manner
* Caring for others
* Good team worker
* Willingness to develop