- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £19,000.00 - £20,000.00 gross per year
The first of four, our Hatfield fulfilment centre is our most established major distribution depot. This site is an automated warehouse where all Ocado products are stored. It also facilitates our customers’ orders which are picked and dispatched, using highly sophisticated systems and processes, enabling Ocado to deliver in one hour time slots. In order to run such an operation, a skilled and dedicated Engineering Team must be on hand to carry out maintenance and repairs at all times.
Technical Assistants are entry level personnel with the potential to progress within the Engineering function of the CFC. There are no formal engineering qualifications required for this role and starting salary is reflective of this.
The role is shift based to support the 24/7 operation of the CFC and is designed to be a role where potential Technicians can be identified and developed technically within the Engineering team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Respond to tote jams on the conveyor systems.
- Use computerised systems to complete jam reports and to complete maintenance logs, therefore basic computer literacy is essential
- Work safely at all times and highlight all H&S Issues to your Line Management.
- Support the Engineering Team on the technical cleaning of automated areas to help maintain hygiene standards.
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and within your role you will be asked to perform tasks that will be deemed as a reasonable manager's request
- This role requires alot of physical activity e.g. lifting, pushing and pulling heavy objects.
What do we need from you?
- Some working knowledge of automated warehouses and their technical components.
- An interest in Engineering, Mechanics, Electronics.
- Have an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
- Good communicator with the ability to analyse and impart knowledge.
- Full training will be given but experience of working within an engineering environment would be desirable. Flexibility of working pattern as and when required by business needs.
- There are no formal engineering qualifications required for this role
- English language skills equivalent to B1 on CERF Scale or above.
What will I get in return?
- Job security in a rapidly growing Company
- Holiday purchase scheme - buy 3 extra days tax/ni free
- Pension - Ocado matches up to 7% of pay
- Genuine career development in the UK
- Training and technical development
- Share schemes
- Free shares issued annually
- Buy as You Earn - buy shares through your wages (tax and ni free)
- Share Save (SAYE) - offered annually
- 15% off Ocado, Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled
- Refer a friend scheme = £500 - £1,000
- Fabulous subsidised restaurant with our famous £1 cooked breakfast!
- Life Assurance - 3 x basic salary
- Online access to GP via Axa Digital GP app - for employee and family
- Employee Assistance Programme with 8 free counselling sessions
- Heavily discounted onsite company shop with up to 70% off - meat, fish, ready meals, snacks, fruit, vegetables, bread, cupboard items, household
- Free uniform
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin (Theme Parks/days out), Cineworld, Enterprise car hire, Prezzo, Buyagift
- Neyber - Affordable loans and free financial education
- physical activity