- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £19,355.00 - £28,623.00 gross per year
- ENFIELD MIDDLESEX
We are currently working with an outstanding special school, teaching children with autism from nursery to primary school age.
The school has received glowing reports from Ofsted and is known as a centre of excellence within the North London area.
They are looking for a band 6/7 Occupational Therapist to join the team and help continue enriching their pupils lives by adhering to their high standards.
The right candidate:
• A recognised degree in Occupational Therapy
• Registered with the HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) as an Occupational Therapist
• Sensory Integration Practitioner Status (successful completion of modules 1-3 with SI Network, UK & Ireland or equivalent qualification) and willingness to complete Module 4 – Advanced Practitioner
• A minimum of 10 years clinical experience in Paediatrics working with pre-school and primary aged children
• A minimum of 3 years working with Children on the Autism Spectrum using a Sensory Integration Approach (preferably within a school setting).
• Demonstrates a broad experience of working with children on the Autism Spectrum who present with sensory processing differences and challenging behaviours.
• Experience of working in a Special School environment supporting staff in the understanding of sensory processing.
• Ability to prioritise the therapy needs of a large caseload of pupils on the Autism Spectrum in a manner which is equitable and takes account of the available resources.
• Ability to provide effective and measured intervention using Ayres Sensory Integration
• Ability to provide advice and training to school professionals (who do not have an OT background) in order that they can utilise and provide sensory strategies for pupils
• An exceptional ability to communicate children’s challenges clearly and succinctly in written format (continuation notes, reports, reviews, and emails)
• Demonstrates effective supervision of junior colleagues on a weekly/monthly basis
• Demonstrate the ability to be sensitive and understanding towards the needs of pupils from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds