- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
OLAP Developer - 90228712
Posting Range:1 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
A new opportunity has become available within our Risk Finance Treasury Technology team (RFT Tech) for a OLAP. This dedicated team comprises of over 1,800 people in 15 countries whose objective it is to consolidate, streamline and simplify the generation, analysis and visualisation of Risk within the Investment Bank onto strategic, cross-asset platforms. You will play a key role in the delivery of technology initiatives to a variety of business areas: Front Office, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Product Control, Compliance, Supervisors, Regulatory relations and Operations.
What will you be doing?
• Propose and deliver solutions for key market risk data platform applications
Design and implement SSAS cube data models for accuracy, timeliness, quality and control
• Logical and physical cube data modelling and design
Design, implementation and configuration of large multi-dimensional data stores – 30+ TB
• Performance optimizations – physical storage, data compression, partitioning, aggregations, hashing, indexing, etc.
• Overall SSAS OLAP database tuning and query performance optimizations
• Windows scripting and SSIS
• Effective integration with upstream and downstream processes and systems
• Participate and contribute to relevant technical standards
What we’re looking for:
• Related technical and industry experience
• In depth knowledge of multi-dimensional data design
• Hands on experience with SSAS (MS OLAP)
• Working knowledge of related/relevant Windows concepts
• Windows scripting knowledge, SSIS, Excel
• Effective integration with a relational database system and an enterprise reporting platform
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of various credit and macro financial products.
• Familiarity with market risk analytics (VAR and Stress).
• Experience in building large multi-dimensional databases.
• Working knowledge of C#, OLAP and Excel APIs.
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in our Aurora house Glasgow office; a stones throw away from Glasgow Central Train Station and the heart of Glasgow.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.