- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Role: On -board Software Validation Engineer
Pay: £40 per hour Ltd Company
Contract: Monday- Friday, 37 Hours a week - 10 month contract
My client is looking for a highly motivated engineer with good experience in embedded software development. You need to be enthusiastic, passionate and eager to apply your excellent software engineering skills to the ever changing and exciting world of Space. Being at the forefront of Space exploration through working on the very latest Space missions provides a unique and challenging opportunity for you to contribute to, and make a difference, in one of the largest growing areas of scientific discovery.
Responsibilities: - - Developing test procedures, execution, debug and formal results preparation.
- Anomaly investigation, including liaison with software designers and requirements authors.
- Inspection of peers' test procedures versus applicable technical and process requirements.
- Configuration & administration of updated test software
- Engineering degree in software, computer science or similar
- Experience of Real-time embedded software engineering lifecycle process. (Min. 3years relevant experience in real-time embedded Software engineering domains - design, code/test, integration, validation)
- Software process oriented. Disciplined & quality mind-set (on-quality, on-schedule, on-cost)
- Excellent software problem solving skills - diagnostic approach (solution-oriented)
- Good communication skills in English (verbal & written)
- Proficiency in formally validating software against baseline requirements
- Java programming (min. 2 years professional experience); C coding; Linux scripting skills
- Experience in the satellite/space, avionics or similar industry.
- ECSS software engineering standards (Q-80B, E-40).
- ERC32 / LEON / SPARC processor.
- MIL-STD 1553B, and/or spacewire.
- Data transport packet protocols (CCSDS).
- Microsoft Windows 7; Linux Red Hat 4.x
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
" on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
- windows 7