- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £28,000.00 - £30,000.00 gross per year
Your new company
A leading IT service provider is recruiting for an Onsite AskIT Advocate Engineer to join their dynamic customer-based team in Cambridge. Our client is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services who design and implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of vendors to manage their technology infrastructure on their client's behalf. However, the most important area of their company are the services they provide, which is where you come in.
Your new job
In your new job as an Onsite IT Engineer, you will oversee the day-to-day management and front-of-house activities for 'AskIT' including service, inventory, process governance, improvements and measures. In addition, the management of any IT equipment and measures for Joiners, Movers and Leavers, white glove support and other key processes that contribute to the overall customer experience of our IT services.
AskIT is a global brand for engaging with the customer for IT services and includes an AskIT area on key sites where customers can walk up to resolve problems, get training, try new devices, borrow peripherals etc. It is essential that the individuals on the AskIT area deliver a great customer experience through engagement with the customer and knowledge to provide the right information and resolve issues. It is also key that the areas entice the customer and it is the place to go for IT service. This role is key to ensure an excellent customer contact experience through AskIT.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful AskIT Advocate Engineer will have:
- The desire to achieve and maintain the highest level of customer experience always, with the passion to drive continuous improvement
- Superior communication skills, adapting language used to influence and establish excellent customer relations
- The ability to resolve or triage technical issues with OS or Hardware, and to effectively communicate in English
- Prior customer facing tech bar or IT Training experience, such as assisting customers with new applications
You will also have detailed technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Proven knowledge and expertise within a Microsoft Windows environment (ideally within an enterprise domain business model) including familiarity with Active Directory, software deployment technologies (SMS, SCCM, etc.), Group Policy Objects and remote-control methods
- A+ certification (or similar proven experience), ability to support Windows 10 operating system and Lenovo desktop and laptop hardware
- Proven knowledge and expertise in supporting Microsoft Office applications especially Office 2016 and MS Office 365
- Experience in the use of cloud-based storage solutions such as MS OneDrive and Box
- Proven knowledge and expertise in supporting Apple Mac OS and iOS software desirable
- Knowledge of client antivirus software within an enterprise environment
- Knowledge and experience of ServiceNow or other ITSM toolset
What you'll get in return
So…what's in it for you? You will get the opportunity to work at the forefront of a globally recognised IT service provider, with access to the latest technologies. Furthermore, you will be given the opportunity to enhance your skills through training and regular mentorship, enabling the growth and progression throughout your career.
What do you need to do now?
If you feel this is something that you would be interested in, please apply by 14th July or speak to the specialist recruiter for this position, Jake Hammond on .