- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
Detailed Job Specification
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Onsite Engineer to join a blue chip organisation in Shrewsbury.
Key Requirements and Skills
• 2 years’ experience in servicing/deploying computer and computer peripheral equipment.
• Must have proven customer service background. Good communication skills including the ability to communicate fluently in the local language and English.
• Needs to interact with the Customer Site Contact in advance of service delivery.
• Responsible for resolving technical escalations that arise during service delivery.
• Project experience utilizing data and settings migration, imaging, application installation, and technologies is a plus The candidate must be able to follow clear instruction with minimum supervision if not previously experienced in this arena.
• Able to comprehend and follow verbal and written technical instructions and scripts.
• Qualified resources should have A+ certification or equivalent skill set. MCP, MCSE, CNE or Network+ certification is a plus.
• Certification in various hardware platforms may optionally be required for servicing hardware issues. These will provided if necessary by the client
• Hardware support,
• Replacement and / or repair of client devices, including but not limited to monitors, hard drives, keyboards, or desktop computers;
• Application Support - Installation of missing or key applications, imaging client devices according to Local Business requirements;
• Mobile Device - Installation of Local applications required for mobile device to be connected to network and access applications;
• Laptop / Desktop Imaging - Set up the OS or image on a user device that can be a laptop or desktop computer per guidelines. Work with end user for scheduling and to perform incremental backup and restore services;
• Patching - Provide patches for desktops and laptops as required. This will be accomplished by leveraging existing tools, processes and procedures;
• Software installation - Installation of applications and software approved;
• Asset Management – limited to goods-in / goods-out from the local storage room, provides stock level and inform when threshold is reach for refurbishment. Updating asset management systems according to requirements. Equipment receiving will be performed in conjunction with local facility services
• Printer support - Installing printer drivers, replacing toner, and general resolution of end-user printing problems, inclusive of working with third-party manage print providers;
• IP Cisco Phone support - Install, move, add or modify phones to resolve a specific incident or request.
The successful candidate will need to be happy to travel to Manchester and Wolverhampton as part of their work.
So if you are a Onsite engineer looking for your next exciting contract please apply today!
Back To Search Results