- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Operational Risk Framework Manager - VP - 90229295
Posting Range:5 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Operational Risk Framework Manager (VP)
The role is central to the Operational Risk Framework team’s continued ability to support the continued enhancement and embedding of Structured Scenario Assessments for both Capital and, where required, Risk Management purposes. You will also be responsible for supporting the successful completion of the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP). This is a broad and unique role with excellent exposure to the risk function, through the definition and provision to Barclays Business Units and Functions with a clear and consistent OR framework and supporting policies for monitoring, evaluating and responding to Operational Risks.
What will you be doing?
• The role holder will support the continued enhancement and embedding of Structured Scenario Assessments that support the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and external Stress Testing. The work will provide the role holder with a hands on opportunity to apply their strong operational risk framework knowledge in the context of Structured Scenario Assessments and their use to support both as a tool for calculating tail risk to support ICAAP and Stress Testing and also, where required, to support use as a tool within 1LOD to enhance Risk Management within 1LOD.
• Provide support in respect of documentation of the Operational Risk section of the Group, BBUK PLC and BBPLC Solo ICAAP, and others as required
• Provide support to any internal or external stress testing requirements (e.g. Bank of England, European Banking Authority)
• Act as a reference point for Operational Risk Management Framework queries, particularly in relation to capital and stress testing processes.
What we’re looking for
• Strong practical experience and proven track record in implementing Operational Risk frameworks, acquired with a leading bank/financial services organisation or consultancy.
- A pro-active person who can be relied upon to act on initiative and take full ownership of deliverables and who has the ability to successfully manage many high priority work streams simultaneously.
• Hands on experience with operational risk data, processes, systems and reporting.
• Highly organised and able to work independently on own initiative.
Skills that will help you in the role
• Experience of Operational Risk modelling concepts or practical experience of using them.
• Experience of the ICAAP process.
• Communication and Presentation (including excellent PowerPoint skills).
Where will you be working?
This role is based from One Churchill Place which is the Global Headquarters of Barclays. The offices are based in Canary Wharf with excellent transport links and local amenities.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.