- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MANCHESTER LANCASHIRE
Job title: Operational Support Officer
Location: Trafford Park Manchester
Contract: Full time
Shift: Anytime between 7am-11pm and working just 4 weekends out of 8.
We're looking for a team player to join the Monitoring Centre at Electronic Monitoring Services. You'll work collaboratively with your team and our Field team to look after curfew and location monitoring, making sure we're working with people under electronic monitoring orders in the best way possible.
What you'll be doing
- Joining us as an Operational Support Officer, you'll review incoming communications and make decisions as to how to deal with people accordingly.
- You'll investigate and manage data
- Responsible for managing the diary in terms of upcoming court cases, deal with specific requests for compliance and witness statements, and liaise with external agencies, such as the courts, Police and probation.
- You need to remain neutral towards what a 'subject' has done in their past, and you'll need to be compassionate because this role has a real emotional context.
- Every day is different, you never know who you'll be talking to and you'll also learn a lot about people in difficult situations. What you do or say really matters, which makes this a worthwhile and rewarding role. Work hard, show ambition and aspiration and you'll be supported to succeed.
- Empathetic and understanding? Quick thinking and resilient? Great listening and communication skills? Perfect.
- We are looking for a real team player with experience of working to goals and targets.
- You'll also need to show us that you're able to competently use Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- If you've knowledge of the Criminal Justice System or previous experience dealing with justice agencies that would be useful, but is not essential.
- This role could be a great stepping stone into a role in the Criminal Justice System, if that's something that you'd like to move into.
About Capita | Electronic Monitoring Services
Capita EMS is contracted by the Ministry of Justice to provide electronic monitoring services (including 'tagging') across England and Wales. Electronic monitoring technology is used to deter individuals from breaking their curfews and places a stronger emphasis on rehabilitation, helping to ensure public safety across the country, while addressing the growing concerns about overcrowding in prisons.
What's in it for you?
As well as a generous basic salary, we'll give you 23 day's holiday, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you'll do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.