- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Location: Reading, United Kingdom Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
A role that is full of variety, client facing, technical and fast paced that would suit an individual with experience in industrial control, operational technology consulting or automation engineering that is looking to progress there career and work closely with other experts in their field
To provide business driven, cost effective advice on the management of risk and security vulnerabilities for Operational Technology (OT) customers that follows international standards and guidance:
- Advise clients on regulation and standards that are applicable to the sector of operation.
- Provide guidance on how a client can turn their enterprise requirements into secure OT designs.
- Undertake asset discovery activities to identify an OT estate.
- Identify the vulnerabilities in the OT environment and provide advice on mitigations.
- Support the design of secure operational environments.
- Support clients in the development of policies and procedures to contribute to the resiliency of organisations and their OT environments.
- Support early client engagement to develop business opportunities.
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients undertaking change activities. Responsibilities
To achieve a particular responsibility level the candidate should meet the standard in the headline statement. The supporting bullet points provide examples of activities, behaviours or responsibility consistent with the standard. Other examples may also meet the standard.
Enables provision of the OT security service across a range of OT industrial environments such as Oil, Gas, Energy and Manufacturing. Works on assignments with non-standard security issues and operational environments.
- Undertakes Asset discovery activities.
- Selects or creates an appropriate methodology for use across the client programme.
- Identifies OT risks which are systemic across the programme or business
- Understands and provides guidance on the threat environment
- Recommends implementation of new OT controls across the programme or enterprise to provide more cost effective risk mitigation in the long term and ensures these are traceable.
- Contributes to the development of OT strategies, policies, guidance and awareness and aligns these with local risk management practices.
- Integrates OT risk management into programme risk management.
- Plans and manages delivery of an OT security work programme.
- Manages or supervises OT Security Consultants. Internal Relationships with:
- Head of Cyber Security and Network Engineering
- Head of Operations and Resourcing
- Head of Business Winning
- Business Leads
- All Cyber and Consulting staff External Relationships With:
- Customer and Stakeholders, including Government’s National Technical Authorities. Essential:
- Knowledge of Operational Technology(OT) equipment from a variety of manufacturers and industrial protocols.
- Knowledge of NIS Directive and industry standards such as IEC 62443, NIST800-82.
- Ability to write concisely in a customer focused manner
- Working with challenging deadlines and competing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach and excellent time management skill
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage high volumes of work
- Proven organisational ability and team player
- Good communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent standard of computer literacy in all Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Willingness to learn and to work with a diverse range of people at all levels
- Knowledge of standard security operating processes and procedures
- Pro-active self starter
- Customer focused
- Flexible (likely that you will need to work outside core hours)
- Self sufficient
- Full mobility is essential, typically working on the client site with delivery partners and client teams.
- Be prepared to work on overseas projects Desirable:
- Related Degree or Qualifications such as GICSP.
- Previous Security Consulting experience. Behaviours in line with the Thales Leadership Model;
- Shaping Solutions out of Complexity
- Be Ambitious and Accountable
- Influence Key Stake Holders
- Engage and Develop Teams
- Manage Self In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!