- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Castle Donington
Operations Agent Sort
Department: Sort Grade: P Hours: Various nights based shift patterns availableDHL is the most international company in the world with a global network in over 220 countries and territories across the globe and a workforce exceeding 500,000 employees serving 2.8 million customers worldwide.
DHL Aviation manage Hub & Gateway operations and customs clearance and provides a comprehensive airport-to-airport service to DHL International. In addition, DHL Aviation makes available the services of its network to a wide range of logistics service providers. By ensuring that the aircraft is fully used, DHL Aviation is able to create an expanding Network of routes able to meet its customers changing requirements. From Track&Trace right through to proof of delivery (POD), every shipment receives the same high level of secure management.
The Sort is one of our biggest department’s within the East Midlands Airport Hub, with direct connections covering the globe, and provides a 24/7 operation. Material arrives via a network of company owned or chartered aircraft as well as road transport, and is sorted to individual or group destinations using a conveyor system as well as heavy weight lifting machinery. The Sort handles all conveyable and non-conveyable shipments that transit EMA HUB as well as certain 3rd party activity.
· The loading/ unloading of freight from containers.
· Handling all freight with care
· Checking of freight to the correct destination/ area
· Making use of our scanning system (AS400) for import/ export of all shipments
· Safe driving of warehouse machinery/ equipment
· Good knowledge of DHL procedures (Training will be provided).
· Forklift and equipment training.
· Good communication skills.
· Must be a team player.
· Must be flexible due to operational requirements to work varied and flexible shifts.
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include:
- Competitive Salary, including unsociable Hours Shift Allowance.
- Annual Bonus up to 5% (depending on company performance).
- My DHL Rewards (Discount, saving, cash back at over 3000 retailers).
- Pension Scheme with up to 5% Company Contribution.
- Access to Occupational Health.
- Childcare Vouchers (after 12 months).
- DHL Share Purchase Plan (after 3 months).
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay.
- Private Medical Scheme (after 12 months).
- CIS Induction – a week’s all expenses paid induction to our Company Values!
- Lifeworks – Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free onsite Parking.
Note: If you have been unsuccessful for this role in the past six months, your application will not be considered.
Internal applicants: Applications should consist of an internal application form (for roles grade L and above please also include a copy of your CV) and be sent via email from your manager/supervisor to the DHLCareers@dhl.com email address.
To apply for an internal vacancy you must notify your supervisor. Please note if you have recently changed job role, you must have been in the role for at least 6 months before you can apply for another internal vacancy.
External/agency applicants: If this role interests you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must evidence your full 5 year employment/education history on your application as this would be required for our pre-employment checks.
Advert closing date: Friday 24th July 2019 Interviews will be scheduled August 2019
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.