- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £75,000.00 - £90,000.00 gross per year
This medium sized M&E Contractor is seeking an experienced, Mechanical Services biased, Operations Manager to run the Mechanical Services division.
The company are growing and have a solid order book through 2019 & 2020, spread across several clients across a number of industry sectors including Commercial Office, Light Industrial, Leisure and high end residential. The company undertakes new installation & refurbishment projects across Berkshire, Surrey, Hampshire, Wiltshire and Buckinghamshire.
As an Operations Manager, you will be part of the Senior Management team, and you will be an integral part of the organisations continued success.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be based in an office near Maidenhead in Berkshire, and on Project Sites.
You will take overall responsibility for the P&L of the Mechanical services operations, ensuring the successful & profitable delivery Mechanical Service Projects..
As the Operations Manager you will also be responsible for developing and winning new clients to facilitate the organisations continued growth.
An exciting and challenging opportunity, as an Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Management of the P&L of the Mechanical Services Division
- Management of a team of Project & Contracts Managers
- Accountability for the successful delivery of projects to time & budget
- Developing relationships with new and existing clients, and winning business
- Working with Estimating team to generate competitive and commercially sound proposals
- Working with the Managing Director to produce engaging bids and proposals
- Liaising and coordinating project activities with Principle Contractors, Client Representatives and other specialist subcontractors
- Agreeing Design changes if required
- Working with H&S Manager with regards Health, Safety and Quality
- Sourcing & Procuring materials and other project resources as required
- Recording variations to contract and agreeing valuations
- Producing weekly commercial reports and reporting them to the Managing Director
- Identifying, reporting and mitigating commercial risks to the project programs in partnership with the MD and Commercial Director
- Negotiating Contracts with the supply chain and clients
The role would suit an experienced Operations Manager or Senior Contracts Manager who is looking for something closer to home, with less travel into London, who is tired of corporate politics and just wants to work for a straight forward company where their success is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a salary ranging from:
- £75k to £90k (DOE)
- Car allowance OR Company Car,
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave + BH
- Annual Bonus of up to 10% of salary,
- Ongoing training and development in line with the candidates needs and aspirations.
- There could also be an equity opportunity in the longer term
The successful candidate must have/be the following:
- Mechanical Services Contracting Background
- Experience of managing a P&L
- Experience of managing Contracts Managers
- Stable career history
- Demonstrable track record of delivering Mechanical Services Fit Outs and Refurbishments
- Experienced in managing teams
- Procurement experience
- Project Planning & Scheduling experience
- Experience of setting up project controls relating to cost and risk management
- Experience of negotiating variations to contract and undertaking valuations
- A strong, personable man manager
- A Team player
- Sense of humour
- Takes pride in a job well done
- Building Services
- Contract Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Operations Management
- P&L Accountability
- ms project