- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Oracle Developer - 90228566
Posting Range:2 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title – Oracle Developer
Location – Glasgow
About the role
MR Database developer will participate in development and delivery of core Market Risk data platform. The person will be involved with all aspects of analysis, design, implementation and deployment of all software related to the core data applications. The role will also be involved in design and development of the strategic MR data platform. The role will be part of a global team of developers. It covers all major business areas within the investment bank.
What we’re looking for:
- Design and deliver solutions for key market risk data platform applications
- Design and implement data models for accuracy, timeliness, quality and control
- Logical and physical data modelling and design
- Design, implementation and configuration of large warehouse style databases – 30+ TB in size
- Performance optimizations – physical storage, data compression, partitioning, hashing, indexing, etc.
- Overall database tuning and query performance optimizations
- SQL and shell scripting
- Effective integration with upstream and downstream processes and systems
Skills that will help you in the role:
- In depth knowledge of both relational and multi-dimensional data design
- At least 5 years of experience with Oracle or similar relational database
- Working knowledge of related/relevant Linux concepts
- Scripting knowledge (shell, Python)
- Effective integration with an OLAP database system
- Experience with migration of database technologies to cloud (AWS, Snowflake or other)
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in the Aurora Building, 1 of our 3 modern City Centre locations until our exciting new campus location overlooking the River Clyde at Buchanan Wharf is opened in 2020. Aurora is close to the main stations, other transport links and also benefits from an onsite canteen.
Our culture offers Dynamic Working which brings mutual advantages, both to your lifestyle and to Barclays. Whether it’s a change of working hours, fewer hours, remote working or relocation, there are many options you can explore once you commence your Barclays career.Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.